Need 10 mm rise 06 450-Advice please

I have done some searching and found very little on where to get bar risers that give you 10mm of rise for our beloved 06 YZ 450F's. I tried the washer stack and that only gave me 6 mm before running out of threads to bolt the stock riser back on. Also, after a get-off I bent one of the handlebar risers. I read about the GYTR risers and how they can be height adjusted 5mm higher (how do they accomplish that-- a spacer?). They also move the bars 5mm forward. I could probably get used to that because if the bars get raised then they begin to move backward due to the angle tilt on the stock risers.

I know other people have made the 10 mm up switch. Do you have to use higher bars as the only viable method?

I bought some 10mm risers from a TT member. They work, but the studs on the bar clamps no longer reach the locking part of the nut. I put Locktite in there and check them from time to time, so far so good. Eventually I want to get an Applied clamp with the different offset and I'll get the 10mm higher set when I do.

I bought the GYTR risers for use on my 06 450 (with stock bars) to deal with my height of 6 feet.

I did the 5 mm up and 5 mm forward position and its perfect for me. Was going to mod them a bit to get another 5 mm of height but decided it would be too much for my riding style.

I like the stock bar bend and since its impossible to identify which bar bend they actually are I was afraid that I would order a Windham or Henry bend and find they had more sweep. Went for the sure thing.

Sic

What is the difference between a Windham bend and a CR high bend? They didn't have a Windham bend at my bike shop so I purchased a CR high... will it work or should I take it back and order a Windham bend???

THANKS!

What is the difference between a Windham bend and a CR high bend? They didn't have a Windham bend at my bike shop so I purchased a CR high... will it work or should I take it back and order a Windham bend???

THANKS!

The Windham bend is 14mm higher than stock (which is basically a YZ High bend), and has only 2mm more sweep, or pullback. The CR High is 11mm higher, but sweeps 8mm more. You may like it, you may not; everyone is different. 8mm at the bar ends doesn't seem like that much, but it might feel like more in your hands.

I will tell you that we put Pro Taper Windhams on our new '06 before we ever rode it because my son is 6'2"+ and the bike has been panned for having bars that are too low. I have YZ High bars on my '03 that suit me nicely, and Junior has been riding a YZ250F with that same bar moved forward and up 5mm. Both of us like the Windhams on the '06 quite a lot, which surprises me a little because I'm 5'10". I got on his bike and was immediately faster and more comfortable than on my '03. A lot of that, of course, was just the bike, but the bars felt good....to me.

Note: the dimensions are from Pro Taper's web site, and bend dimensions vary from one mfg'r to the other. PT's "YZ High" is identical to Tag's "YZ" bend, for example.