First ride on 650L

Just bought my first off road bike, a 95 XR650L and had a friend take me to Johnson Valley OHV. Wow, was it fun!! I have new respetc for those of you out there that have riding off road for some time. I took some falls in the sand, but came up smiling and learning. Looking foward to more.

Congratulations!

Welcome to a wonderful world of fun. Sometimes a pain the the arm or leg but mostly in the wallet. It will go faster if you just invest more money.

Welcome to the TT community & to the Honda big bore experience. Not for everyone, but fun for anyone who likes to putt around & more.

Definitely an all around, jack of all trades, master of none bike, meaning FUN. It does take some "conditioning" in order to navigate a 350 lb. street legal "dirt bike" off-road. I remember my first times. I'd be sore for 3 days straight after putting 70 - 80 hard off-road only miles on mine. But you couldn't wipe that massive grin off my face either for much longer than that... :excuseme:

once you get good on that bike any other bike will seam easy

Welcome to the TT community & to the Honda big bore experience. Not for everyone, but fun for anyone who likes to putt around & more.

Definitely an all around, jack of all trades, master of none bike, meaning FUN. It does take some "conditioning" in order to navigate a 350 lb. street legal "dirt bike" off-road. I remember my first times. I'd be sore for 3 days straight after putting 70 - 80 hard off-road only miles on mine. But you couldn't wipe that massive grin off my face either for much longer than that... :excuseme:

Dude, you're so close to the perfect L catchphrase.

Mod it to:

"Jack of all trades, master of fun!"

Dave

Dude, you're so close to the perfect L catchphrase.

Mod it to:

"Jack of all trades, master of fun!"

Dave

Nice one Dave. Hadn't thought of that. I guess I could change the other acronym I use for the BFP from "Big Fat Pig" to "Big Fun Pig" as well... :excuseme:

It's like they say, "Great (XRL Riders) minds think alike!" :bonk: