1qt. oil in 06 450

was wondering if someone could clarify this. on a 06 450f, the manual says 1.06 qts with filter, but then 1.22 qts total. i always thought the filter amount was the higher one? also, i fill mine to 1.22 and it's on the money.

was wondering if someone could clarify this. on a 06 450f, the manual says 1.06 qts with filter, but then 1.22 qts total. i always thought the filter amount was the higher one? also, i fill mine to 1.22 and it's on the money.

1.22 qts is frome when you have the motor all apart its dry and you put it back together. even when you change your oil there is still some left over in there you never get it all out.

thanks, i'll drain some out.

1.22 qts is frome when you have the motor all apart its dry and you put it back together. even when you change your oil there is still some left over in there you never get it all out.
That extra oil is included so that an appropriately large mess is made on the work bench when tearing down for an overhaul. :excuseme:

I've just been putting in a quart when doing an oil and filter change. Looks ok on the dipstick but wondering if maybe I should be wrangling up another ounce or so to supplement the quart I'm adding?

I've just been putting in a quart when doing an oil and filter change. Looks ok on the dipstick but wondering if maybe I should be wrangling up another ounce or so to supplement the quart I'm adding?

when i drain mine, i all but suck it out to get it dry. actually i know this girl that does; but i always get 1.0 qts.