HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Joe_Jet

Langston Riding Factory Yamaha 450

18 posts in this topic

When is someone going to pick up Nick Way......it would have been cool to see him on a Yamaha.

that is for sure

Langston is a great rider when he is healthy...not much of the time

Hepler - will be awesome after 1yr

Wey - would be good now

See ya Chad and Voss -

ga426: how do you say hepler will be good after a year? didnt he finish 3rd overall at budds creek? after over a year of being off...and josh hill is fast, check him out at the lorettas this year

See ya Chad and Voss -

Why would you drop one of the top 3 riders in the world? Only Ricky and James are as good as him. With Ricky semi-retiring, and James' inconsistencies, all looks good for Chad.

Voss isn't producing results so it doesn't look good for him.

I've seen Josh Hill race around the NW for the last two years. He is just plain fast! His results at Loretta's has been stellar also.

nick wey has already rode for yamaha , as well as most others, the only time he seems to put forth any effort is when he is looking for a ride. langston is the same way IMO. he has been on alot of different rides too. i'm sure he'll blame the bike for some of his poor finishes like he always does.

ga426: how do you say hepler will be good after a year? didnt he finish 3rd overall at budds creek? after over a year of being off...and josh hill is fast, check him out at the lorettas this year

hepler coming off a injury so to be fair one yr to get up and going strong...I forgot about Josh Hill - I read somewhere he is picked up by Yamaha. ...must be YOT - he is a really good potential for the "new up and comers" like R, Vilopoto and J Lawrence...the near future MX stars

Why would you drop one of the top 3 riders in the world? Only Ricky and James are as good as him. With Ricky semi-retiring, and James' inconsistencies, all looks good for Chad.

Voss isn't producing results so it doesn't look good for him.

I wouldn't but Reed decided to run his own team....backed by Yamaha. ....like MC did several years ago....it usually spells the end of their careers......Reed is probably only racing SX this next year too...so it will be no contest for Bubba in outdoors unless a newby really steps it up to his or RC's pace......

that is for sure

See ya Chad and Voss -

I agree w/your Voss comment, as constant injuries have him riding well below potential. Too bad as he is a good guy.

Regarding Reed, you are way off! This is the third (soon to be second when #4 goes part time) best rider in the world! Yamaha would be foolish not to keep him on board, even he has his own team. With #7's propensity to crash or have a off race, Reed has a bona fide chance to deliver Yamaha another SX title. Same thing w/outdoors if he chooses to ride.

That being said, I think Langston is a tremendous pickup for Yamaha. If healthy, he'll be right in there (3rd-5th) in both SX/MX. Right off the bat, he is better than Tedesco, who was the best of the rest in SX.

My 2c

I wouldn't but Reed decided to run his own team....backed by Yamaha. ....like MC did several years ago....it usually spells the end of their careers......Reed is probably only racing SX this next year too...so it will be no contest for Bubba in outdoors unless a newby really steps it up to his or RC's pace......

OK, I heard something about that......

Totally agree! :excuseme:

I agree w/your Voss comment, as constant injuries have him riding well below potential. Too bad as he is a good guy.

Regarding Reed, you are way off! This is the third (soon to be second when #4 goes part time) best rider in the world! Yamaha would be foolish not to keep him on board, even he has his own team. With #7's propensity to crash or have a off race, Reed has a bona fide chance to deliver Yamaha another SX title. Same thing w/outdoors if he chooses to ride.

That being said, I think Langston is a tremendous pickup for Yamaha. If healthy, he'll be right in there (3rd-5th) in both SX/MX. Right off the bat, he is better than Tedesco, who was the best of the rest in SX.

My 2c

Yamaha is backing Chad with his own team(this means he will probably have access to Yami factory parts and support - just no weekly paycheck $)....they are not completely not cutting him....he is not going to be piting out of the Yamaha Factory Team Semi - so he will not be considered a Yamaha Factory Rider after this outdoor season...to clarify

Hill and Hepler are going to be the FACTORY yz250f pilots. its the first year since 93? that factory yamaha has had a 125 (lites, i hate that name) team. Honda nearly sweeped the east west 125 class, so yamaha wants to jump in the game with 2 very huge players. from what i understand, hill will ride the LL and run the last 2 nationals. hopefully his results will match those of his loretta results. yamaha def. needs to make something of a 125 squad, and for the first time in nearly 15 years, they are going to do it right!