HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
adam574

xr650r new wheels

5 posts in this topic

finally finished getting some cbr f3 wheels to fit on my 650r thought i would share some pics.

17023223947.jpg&s=f5

17023232836.jpg&s=f5

the front wheel was super easy. i had to grind the left side hube flush with the bearing and then get a washer to space it out and i used my spacer from my front wheel to get it centered. i then had to buy a bushing to reduce the size of the bearing. after that i had to make a caliper relocation bracket.

the rear wheel was a little bit of a pain. i had to grind the right side of the hub flush with the bearing. take of 8mm where the rotor mounts to get it to fit in the caliper. i then took off a crap load on the cushdrive side. not sure how much but i just machined it until i could change the bearing out when i welded the cushdrive in place. i then had to turn down all the bolts so they would clear the swingarm. i then bought a sprocket for a cbr f3 for a 520 chain and i was done. definately took awhile. i bet i could do another set wicked fast now since i know what needs to be done and the trial and error part is all over.

there is a guy named kubiak on supermotojunkie.com who walked me through alot of this. if it wasn't for him i would have never been able to do this.