HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
kc55555

another freshman question

6 posts in this topic

I just checked the valves on y 06 450 with 5 miles on it, I am nervous so I need some advice. The two exhaust were at .20 mm. two intakes were at .12 mm and one at .10 mm. Should I worry or just ride? Sorry I am a baby!

Ride it. You're still in the break-in phase and within operating tolerances so don't freak. Change the oil, ride, change the oil again, ride, then recheck the clearances around 200 miles and shim if necessary. After that, do it once a year...SC

Ride it. You're still in the break-in phase and within operating tolerances so don't freak. Change the oil, ride, change the oil again, ride, then recheck the clearances around 200 miles and shim if necessary. After that, do it once a year...SC

:excuseme::bonk::busted::bonk::p

I have over 1000 miles on my odometer and still dont need a valve adjustment. Although a few hundred of them is from sand riding (and that isnt very acurate, I dont go 50 miles in 30 minutes). It still fires up easily, so I'm not worried. Just gotta keep fresh oil in it.

Why are you checking your valves after riding around the block?? You will probally never have to adjust them.

Mess with your suspension settings and tire pressure for awhile :excuseme:

Why are you checking your valves after riding around the block?? You will probally never have to adjust them.

Mess with your suspension settings and tire pressure for awhile :bonk:

:busted: Too true! :excuseme: