Worn Chain Guide? Less RPM@65?

I first noticed that my master link on my plated '93 XR had a shine in the edge of the clip, a few miles later...most of the links have a worn groove to the outer radius side of the link.

Has anyone else had to replace the lower chain guide near the foot peg?

And what was the cost the guide?

I have a Gazillion offroad miles on this thing and the stock sprocks ur shot too, so this is the time to regear it for better freeway speeds.

Which is the best combo of gearing for less RPM at 65 MPH for a '93 600?

Yep I replaced mine with an OEM part, seems like it was around 30 bucks. Not hard to do but you've gotta hold your tongue just right to thread the bolt through the new one.

Not hard to do but you've gotta hold your tongue just right to thread the bolt through the new one.

Too late, I bit my tongue off three months ago....bought a svelte new foefitty for the dirt, still love my old grey mare though.

Can you give me an estemate Dez on how many hours/miles on you bike at that guide swap out? After 14 years I have lost trak of mine, I'm just looking for a ball park number...and don't say a Gazillion please.

Thank's for the link to the ratio chart :excuseme: EVERYONE should bookmark this!

Looks like the 'ole gal is going back to the pen for a couple of weeks of rest 'till we get all the parts. :bonk: