2006 WR450F Baffle Question

Does anyone run their bikes without the baffle at all? I know it's louder, but it seems to be not that bad.

It's obnoxiously loud and something you shouldn't do if you ride on public land or anywhere near where people live. If you want more flow, but don't want to drop the cake a full exhaust, buy the Pro Moto Billet Silent insert. If you look at the top of this forum, there is a post titled "popular parts/accessories for the WR". It's listed there.

Here's the link

http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/announcement.php?f=20&announcementid=107

I do, better than spending $ on an aftermarket, its not that much louder but then we have different laws (& enforcements of) about noise here.

Does anyone run their bikes without the baffle at all? I know it's louder, but it seems to be not that bad.

What do you mean by the Baffle ???

If you ar etalking about the end pipe that screws on the back of the muffler with 4 screws, and completely removing it....

removed is a lot louder.... especially to the poeple behind you. I've been told it sounds twice as loud.

My suggestion... leave tohe pipe/baffle in, but take the restrictor out of it by drilling the 2 rivets that hold it in. The result is a 80% gain in flow, but only a minamal gain in niose. Now it's Quiet and Fast.