Not to throw stones....

Man, I had no idea I was opening a can of worms THIS big....

:excuseme:

Ya, it started out like a normal everyday thread, you said what you saw, I (not meaning to hijack your thread) just thought I would mention something that bugs me.

then, before we knew it, the thread grew arms and legs and people were screaming "ITS ALIVE!!!!"

I'm just waiting for someone to lock the thread to stop the madness... :bonk:

I ... just thought I would mention something that bugs me.
And that's fair enough, but the "Bubba don't really drink that stuff" charge (which I have heard about 16 Zillion times about pretty much all of these guys) is something that bugs me. So I thought I'd mention it. No offense, but if anything is true of me it's that I have an opinion. :bonk:

As for the misconstruction of the word prejudice, you should know that words have meanings that are both assigned to them, as well as conotations that adhere to them through common usage. I tend to use the language more according to to the former of these, and much less by what people think the words mean, which I can't really be responsible for.

But as for racism, I do think that there is some of that involved in the resistance to accept James Stewart as a legitimate challenger. Not as much as there would have been even 10 years ago, but too much in any case, if there's any at all.

then, before we knew it, the thread grew arms and legs and people were screaming "ITS ALIVE!!!!"

And a couple of extra pairs of legs at that. Maybe it will just waddle away by itself. Don't wave...it'll think you want to play. :excuseme:

I told ya guys...

I can see where this is going...

Whew!!! Glad thats over :bonk::excuseme: