piston seizure.... what's salvageable? (pics)

lack of coolant and Oregon single track took their toll on my motor last weekend. The motor never locked up and still runs, but the cylinder scoring is allowing oil into the chamber and burning it. Is there any possibility I can salvage the jug and/or piston?

Cylinder

IMG_7758.jpg

Piston

IMG_7765.jpg

my poor exhaust cam....

IMG_7739.jpg

more pics here

I know posting a picture on a message board isn't the best method of determing the extent of my damage, but I'd like to hear some opinions.

Thanks

I think that cylinder will clean up with a bottlebrush hone. I would certainly give it a go. A new piston and rings should fix that part.

It's hard to really tell from a picture, but is the cam scored, with damage to the head, or is it just discolored from heat? Looks like it's going to take at least the cam. The head can be repaired if the cam bores were hurt. Test the valves or have them carefully inspected to they if they were affected.

I think that cylinder will clean up with a bottlebrush hone. I would certainly give it a go. A new piston and rings should fix that part.

It's hard to really tell from a picture, but is the cam scored, with damage to the head, or is it just discolored from heat? Looks like it's going to take at least the cam. The head can be repaired if the cam bores were hurt. Test the valves or have them carefully inspected to they if they were affected.

if the cam is shot - Crowerpower can fix it with some better than stock specs - not too much $ either -

http://www.crowerpower.com