Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Dube2

07 Wr 450?

62 posts in this topic

Any news on the new WR yet? Alum frame? EFI? I'm sick of waiting. My buddy is going to the mfg. show next week to see all the 07's and I'm going through Yamaha withdrawal. This is killin me......

Same here, when are we gunna get the news on the new bikes already.........My dealer is trying to push the 06 on me....

My dealer is off to the dealer show next week. I'll know soon.

The latest Dirt Rider shows a 'Artist Rendering' with a Al frame.

Hold off a bit but you'll pay a premuim I'm sure.

Same here, when are we gunna get the news on the new bikes already.........My dealer is trying to push the 06 on me....

Hold out, you must hold out! The '06 will be really dated compared to the '07.

Just look at the difference between '05 and '06 YZF's. :excuseme:

I have heard no AL frame on the WR next year....... :excuseme::bonk:

It will be Al frame, trust me. :busted:

We'll see. It's been pretty common practice to follow YZ developments with the WRs, and it's been a couple years now since the last noteworthy redesign...so something will probably happen soon. I'll be watching with interest as it's (an overdue) update time for me!

99% sure no EFI as it's not on the '07 YZF. Aluminum frame? I'd give it just a little better than 50/50...SC

99% sure no EFI as it's not on the '07 YZF. Aluminum frame? I'd give it just a little better than 50/50...SC

I would bet the WR gets EFI first, because its almost a necessity to have a battery, and a battery adds weight to a YZ. Lets all think positive and keep your fingers crossed. :excuseme:

I would bet the WR gets EFI first, because its almost a necessity to have a battery, and a battery adds weight to a YZ. Lets all think positive and keep your fingers crossed. :bonk:

Yamaha has already patened (sp?) a FI system that does not need a battery, you will see it on the YZ first I guarantee it, they already have a prototype they have been testing for a while.

This discussion always goes back and forth between which is better Al or Steel......... I know that jetting changes are harder to access with the Al frame, (no prob if the FI came with it :excuseme:)

Anyway, a lower C of G and a more "out of the box" race ready machine would be welcomed :bonk: I know that we live in a world of restrictions but when can I get a bike that does not require immediate mods to go out and compete with a box stock EXC 450 :busted: And don't flame me, I am not a KTM fan and really appreciate nothing more than eating orange bikes up at the races......... :p

All i can say is that look out 450 EXC and 450X, a new bike is about to blow them away. Bring on blue supreamacy!!! Can't wait to get mine.

I'm not so sure the YZ will see EFI first. In the past the YZ always got the upgrades first but the motivation to go to EFI is for emissions not performance so you may well see the WR get it first since it's sold as a "compliant" bike. I agree though that it will probably be next year.

My wife is the sales girl at a Yamaha dealership and she said that they haven't heard much about the WR's or any sport bikes for that matter. I'd bet they try the FI out on the YFZ first since Suzuki has it and Kawasaki is supposed to have it on their 450 when it comes out. Plus the YFZ guys are having a whole lot more trouble getting the carb right than the bikes. She did say that the WR was most likely to get an Alluminum frame and a few more upgrades. I like my 05. I'll just let the 07's tear up and get an 08. That seems to be the trend with the quads. The dealer show is next month I think. We'll all know then.

More importantly, when are they coming out with fuel injection AND 50 state street legal? That's what I'm holding out for. I could care less about aluminum frames. I'm strongly considering the Husqvarna if they get FI before Yamaha gets street legal.