HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
yamasaki

re-mating crankcases on my '03 yz450, any advice, pointers?

4 posts in this topic

hello,

i'm getting ready to put my cases back together... just wondering if there's any tips/tricks you guys who might've done this before can offer up?..

i'm specially concerned about the tranny.. is there anything special i need to do like shift it all the way to 4th or 1st before reassembling? you know, stuff like that.. :bonk:

thanks in advance.. i have the yamaha manual, but i always like to ask as well.

:excuseme:

Make sure you use a crank puller to install the left hand side as per the manual! I know some try other methods but is very risky.

Make sure you use a crank puller to install the left hand side as per the manual! I know some try other methods but is very risky.

what is a crank puller? ive already put the cases together 'test runs' 2 or 3 times.. and i just had to give it a little wiggle here and there and they slide together...

my biggest concern is with the tranny.. i mean, if it slides together, does that mean everything is ok? or do i have to have the tranny in a certain gear or neutral ????.. that kind of thing....

is it possible to put the cases together and have the tranny not work?

the yamaha manual is not very descriptive/detailed like the clymer 's stuff

well, i bolted the whole bottom end back together last night. once the clutch was all in and torque'd up, i gave the tranny a few run throughs through all the gears up-and-down and it seems to be shitfing just fine.

now on to the top end...... :bonk::busted: