re-mating crankcases on my '03 yz450, any advice, pointers?

hello,

i'm getting ready to put my cases back together... just wondering if there's any tips/tricks you guys who might've done this before can offer up?..

i'm specially concerned about the tranny.. is there anything special i need to do like shift it all the way to 4th or 1st before reassembling? you know, stuff like that.. :bonk:

thanks in advance.. i have the yamaha manual, but i always like to ask as well.

:excuseme:

Make sure you use a crank puller to install the left hand side as per the manual! I know some try other methods but is very risky.

Make sure you use a crank puller to install the left hand side as per the manual! I know some try other methods but is very risky.

what is a crank puller? ive already put the cases together 'test runs' 2 or 3 times.. and i just had to give it a little wiggle here and there and they slide together...

my biggest concern is with the tranny.. i mean, if it slides together, does that mean everything is ok? or do i have to have the tranny in a certain gear or neutral ????.. that kind of thing....

is it possible to put the cases together and have the tranny not work?

the yamaha manual is not very descriptive/detailed like the clymer's stuff

well, i bolted the whole bottom end back together last night. once the clutch was all in and torque'd up, i gave the tranny a few run throughs through all the gears up-and-down and it seems to be shitfing just fine.

now on to the top end...... :bonk::busted: