HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guirey

Checking if battery is charging - 06 WR450

6 posts in this topic

Rookie question:

How can I check to see if the battery is being charged when the bike is started?

I tried a search by got the following

Searching has been temporarily disabled.

This is an automatic feature that temporarily disables the search function during periods of high web site traffic. Searching will automatically turn back on when traffic returns to normal.

Use a multimeter to measure the voltage at the battery with the engine running, should be around 13.8 volts.

Check the DC voltage at the battery with the engine off note voltage then start engine rev engine over 2000 RPM voltage should be higher around 13.8 this number is not an exact rule since it will be lower if your battery is in bad shape if it is low then you will need to find some way to measure the electrical current in amps. This will require some test equipment even a amp guage from the auto parts store will work.

I will be trying it tonight, thanks for the help. I was able to do a search later on and found all kinds of good info. It might have something to do with the Baja Design kit.

but I'm still looking into that issue.

Thanks again

Check the battery voltage before starting the bike up, should be hight twelves 12.x volts and then start it up and even idling should go up to 14.x volts when it's charging.

tink b4 startup 12.7volts at least,

after startup to 5000rpm, 14+volts

wif multimeter,

:applause:

oopps,

tis is for the ktm wif battery,

:D