Stotts or GPR

What unit would you recommend and why?

I'm considering an upgrade of the triple clamp to allow the use of a Pro Taper bar at the same time.

scotts, TRUE free return to center

enough said.

ditto.

I have the Emig upper triple w/ ProTapers, which is made for the scotts. The setup is tits and the damper has great adjustability. Sweep, highspeed, lowspeed, free return to center. It's a great addition to the bike.

I've never used a scotts so I can't speak for them. Although, I know the GPR is easier to use/maintain.

scotts, TRUE free return to center

enough said.

Just about every steering damper has free return to center.

Scotts have been the leaders in dampening, but they have never updated their dampers. GBR on the other hand..........

Just about every steering damper has free return to center.

Scotts have been the leaders in dampening, but they have never updated their dampers. GBR on the other hand..........

LEAK!

Ive seen 3 leak.

Buy the Scotts you wont be dissapointed

you can make a Scotts work like any of the other brands, but you can't make any of the others work like a Scotts. I had a GPR for about 2 months, and to get it to feel like it was working on the big hits, it had heavy steering. Sold it and got a Scotts. Now, I don't feel it till I hit something in the trail. It is the only one that has damping control on a high and low speed circuit.

I have 4 buds that have the GPR, all of them have leaked in 1 year, GPR has great customer service, the maintenance/rebuild is free but you have to send it in, i have the Scotts, it has never leaked, failed or anything, the repair costs more but it's been 2 years and still no issues with it!!! :applause:

you can make a Scotts work like any of the other brands, but you can't make any of the others work like a Scotts. I had a GPR for about 2 months, and to get it to feel like it was working on the big hits, it had heavy steering. Sold it and got a Scotts. Now, I don't feel it till I hit something in the trail. It is the only one that has damping control on a high and low speed circuit.

I'll second this statement!!! :applause:

MSC Australia have been making a copy of the ohlins/scotts damper for years, but now they have a new one out now called the MSC Titan steering damper. The most advanced damper available today! 2 way adjustability. Motocross setting with zero dampening away from centre. Desert setting 50% on return. Cross full dampening on return.

Have a Scott's and LOVE IT! Every time I wonder how well it works, I end up riding a bike with out it. The difference is huge. I went through the same process when I bought mine. The reader's digest version of my research with lots of people said that if desert riding then maybe the GPR, but for all else Scott's no question. Even in desert it was a either or. I am very happy with my decision.

I have 4 buds that have the GPR, all of them have leaked in 1 year, GPR has great customer service, the maintenance/rebuild is free but you have to send it in, i have the Scotts, it has never leaked, failed or anything, the repair costs more but it's been 2 years and still no issues with it!!! :applause:

I believe most people have a problem with leaking is, at least on the above bar mounts, that the stabilizer is not mounted in the right spot. Mine top handlebar mount had two positions for mounting, if not mounted exactly centered above the steering tube, it will leak. Mine did when I mounted wrong one time, leaked within 10 minutes. Looked at it closely, turned the mount around and did not have another problem. This probably does not account for all the leaky GPR's, but I bet at least a few.

Does the Scotts fit with the stock handlebars?

whats the best price on a scotts setup? :applause:

Get the Scotts BRP triple clamp setup. You wont be disappointed "I Promise" the Protaper bars and the rubber mount handle bar clamp is worth the high price by itself (no more buzz in your hands) then once the steering damper is dialed your arms and hands will love you. The best mod you can buy for the bike

I have a scotts on my 450, it's pretty neat I must say

I welded my pin ont he frame, I think it's better this way

i can take pictures if youw ant