I want a spare bike or a better yam dealer

My 03 WR450 fork seal are leaking and my bike handle like shit.I ordered new one from my shitty Yamaha dealer. ( i had to find all parts number i need myself on Yamaha web site because they dint have time to look on their book) They even said me "we are more a road motorcycle dealer". Anyway I'm just venting because i cant ride my bike for more than a week now and I'm missing it like a junkie need his fix. I need any kind of old crappy spare bike to ride when my beast is waiting for parts.

I hope you guys have better Yamaha dealer than me. Here its really pathetic. Even when you buy from them they still threat you like shit.

I think they are like that everywhere. To take up for the people that work at them, most only get paid around $8 and hour ( they are not the smartest ) . I learned to work on my own stuff when I was 16. They are like that everywhere. Most of the time they act like they know more about your bike than you do. I had one argue with me about the stock tire on my bike. I guess I can't read the #'s and letters on the side of the tire. I think they have an infiriority complex.

They all suck!! Even the non-dealer shops, there prices are too high.

I now order everything online and learn to work on your own bike. Forks you can send out too!

Try cleaning them with a feeler guage or an old negative strip from a 35mm camera. Just pop the wipers out and run the feeler guage or 35mm film up in between the fork seal and fork tube. This usually works for one or two rides before they start leaking again but it may be an interim fix until your seals come in.

Local shops do support our sport by sponsoring races, clean up days, land use rally's, etc..... but the majority of the parts people are the kids that will work for 8-10 bucks / hr and not have any common sense or customer service skills...... unfortunate but true :applause:

At my yam dealer its not kid but the ugly and extra large wife of one of the owner that order the parts... When i go work, i shave myself, unfortunately the owner of my yam dealer dint ask his wife to shave her facial hair....

Too bad she even more a stupid than she ugly.

Ill try the film trick but ill rebuilt the fork when ill finally get my parts

At my yam dealer its not kid but the ugly and extra large wife of one of the owner that order the parts... When i go work, i shave myself, unfortunately the owner of my yam dealer dint ask his wife to shave her facial hair....

Too bad she even more a stupid than she ugly.

Ill try the film trick but ill rebuilt the fork when ill finally get my parts

Dude........ you gaotta quit drinkin' before you get on line :applause: or atleast use spell check before you start calling people stupid :D

IF the places would pay better they would have better help. I am a small masonry contractor and $10 is the best I can pay for a guy who can't lay brick even if he can do anything else I tell him instantly. I get meth addicts, weed heads, kids, and straight up idiots. I can chew their asses out and I might as well be talking to myself because I think that in their minds I am. I can also go through them quickly. Most have no concept of respect, self discipline, or, atleast in my mind, what it takes to be a " man ". Its not just the parts guys at the dealerships that get me, it when I go to the trouble to make sure they order EXACTLY what I want and the place that made it f@cked it up and it doesn't fit. Considering that most things for these bikes that is aftermarket is well over $100, it bad when the part you order doesn't even work right. Lack of craftsmanship with $1500 + aftermarket parts is what got me away from quads. I have the impression that most the items that we all save to buy and are so proud of once we get them are made by the same grade of looser that orders us these parts at the shops. Sorry if I'm talking about a few people that will read this but its true. When it comes to me spending or even suggesting to someone on how to spend their money I am VERY cousious. Being a self employed contractor, I don't need the $8 an hour flunky at the bike shop telling me what I need to do. He has no concept of what its like to be on the verge of loosing everything you have since he has nothing in the first place. If they weren't still sucking tit they wouldn't be able to work there anyway.

Dude........ you gaotta quit drinkin' before you get on line :applause: or atleast use spell check before you start calling people stupid :D

I don't think he has been drinking. Here in Canada we have two official languages, English and French. Now here is the test. I would like you to try and correspond to him in French, I would but I can't speak French. His English may not be the best but I think we understand, Or maybe he is drunk, I know Yamaha Canada drives me to drink, $677 for a wr400 cylinder up here, delivered to my door in Canada from California it was $300.

KEEP ON DRINKIN' BRO

IF the places would pay better they would have better help. I am a small masonry contractor and $10 is the best I can pay for a guy who can't lay brick even if he can do anything else I tell him instantly. I get meth addicts, weed heads, kids, and straight up idiots. I can chew their asses out and I might as well be talking to myself because I think that in their minds I am. I can also go through them quickly. Most have no concept of respect, self discipline, or, atleast in my mind, what it takes to be a " man ". Its not just the parts guys at the dealerships that get me, it when I go to the trouble to make sure they order EXACTLY what I want and the place that made it f@cked it up and it doesn't fit. Considering that most things for these bikes that is aftermarket is well over $100, it bad when the part you order doesn't even work right. Lack of craftsmanship with $1500 + aftermarket parts is what got me away from quads. I have the impression that most the items that we all save to buy and are so proud of once we get them are made by the same grade of looser that orders us these parts at the shops. Sorry if I'm talking about a few people that will read this but its true. When it comes to me spending or even suggesting to someone on how to spend their money I am VERY cousious. Being a self employed contractor, I don't need the $8 an hour flunky at the bike shop telling me what I need to do. He has no concept of what its like to be on the verge of loosing everything you have since he has nothing in the first place. If they weren't still sucking tit they wouldn't be able to work there anyway.

You question those you employ yet you have 1 spelling error and at least 3 grammatical errors in your post. Hypocrisy runs rampant on this board. Before calling the kettle black you should check to see that you are not the pot. The irony is that this board even HAS a spell checker.

You question those you employ yet you have 1 spelling error and at least 3 grammatical errors in your post. Hypocrisy runs rampant on this board. Before calling the kettle black you should check to see that you are not the pot. The irony is that this board even HAS a spell checker.

I understand what twiles mean even if their some grammatical error. Unfortunatly he is right at some point...

I wrote what I see. I AM an employer and have been in this business since I was old enough to go to work with my dad and he went with his dad. I know what I look for in a good employee. Personally, I wouldn't have ANY of them. Arguing with me is BAD on the job. When I tell my laborer what I need he is supposed to get it. I DON'T need him telling ME what I need. I need him to do as he is told. I expect that from everyone I run into who is paid to get me things. Thats what they are paid to do. What is the problem with that? Everyone else I know that owns their own business including the owners of the dealership I'm talking about expect the same. The guys I'm getting at have been threatened to be fired a few times in the last few weeks and now they are trying to just run them off. The other local dealership DID fire their parts guys over the same reason this forum was started. What is your problem. Do you think we should kiss their ass for allowing us the privilege of giving them our money. You need to stop bashing me and get some balls.

I wrote what I see. I AM an employer and have been in this business since I was old enough to go to work with my dad and he went with his dad. I know what I look for in a good employee. Personally, I wouldn't have ANY of them. Arguing with me is BAD on the job. When I tell my laborer what I need he is supposed to get it. I DON'T need him telling ME what I need. I need him to do as he is told.

If you listened once in a while, you might become a better employer? :applause:

Happy workers are better workers.

And BTW, I would not even get out of bed for $10/hr.

I understand what twiles mean even if their some grammatical error. Unfortunatly he is right at some point...

Yeah, we all know exactly what he means. If you are paying the money, you expect what you ask for.

But with him as an employer - If you pay peanuts, you get monkeys! :applause:

Try cleaning them with a feeler guage or an old negative strip from a 35mm camera. Just pop the wipers out and run the feeler guage or 35mm film up in between the fork seal and fork tube. This usually works for one or two rides before they start leaking again but it may be an interim fix until your seals come in.

Local shops do support our sport by sponsoring races, clean up days, land use rally's, etc..... but the majority of the parts people are the kids that will work for 8-10 bucks / hr and not have any common sense or customer service skills...... unfortunate but true :applause:

Don, what thickness feeler guage do you use? I've always used 35 mm film and it works awesome.

Don, what thickness feeler guage do you use? I've always used 35 mm film and it works awesome.

I always use the 35mm film too, but I am old enough to still have 35mm negatives laying around the house :prof: Most younger people today don't even know what the hell your talking about when you say 35mm film, it's like a record player.

I would use the thinest feeler guage you could that was still rigid enough to shove through the gap.

I'll tell you what NOT to do......... It could have been on here that I read this but someone said to wrap two strips of electrical tape about an inch apart, around your lower fork tube. With the wiper off it was suggested that you compress fork and the gunk would get caught between the wraps of electrical tape......... It sounded good so I tried it :D The fork stuck hard on the tape and seal was ruined.

35mm film is best, I think the little sprocket holes work well to capture the gunk....... :applause:

I always use the 35mm film too, but I am old enough to still have 35mm negatives laying around the house :prof: Most younger people today don't even know what the hell your talking about when you say 35mm film, it's like a record player.

I would use the thinest feeler guage you could that was still rigid enough to shove through the gap.

I'll tell you what NOT to do......... It could have been on here that I read this but someone said to wrap two strips of electrical tape about an inch apart, around your lower fork tube. With the wiper off it was suggested that you compress fork and the gunk would get caught between the wraps of electrical tape......... It sounded good so I tried it :prof: The fork stuck hard on the tape and seal was ruined.

35mm film is best, I think the little sprocket holes work well to capture the gunk....... :applause:

Yeah, the electrical tape idea didn't sound right to me either......I never tried it because I'm an old fart and still have 35mm negatives laying around :D