HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Speedracer747-400

Switching from 19" to 18" rear wheel. 19" Excel/Talon has to go!

6 posts in this topic

For those of you that made the switch from a 19" rear to an 18" rear wheel , how much of an improvement did it make? I ride 80% trails and 20% desert in southern California terrain. Also would you guys recommend running 2 rim locks on the rear?

I recently purchased an almost new low hour 2002 YZ426F. I really liked the fact that it came with a green sticker. :D The previous owner just put new black Excel wheels with silver Talon hubs and heavy duty spokes w/spline drive nipples on the bike. They look awesome. Only a few rides on them, so there pretty much like new.

I'm not sure yet if it would make more sense getting the rear re-laced with new spokes and an 18" rim or just buy a new complete 18" wheel. If anyone has an interest in a 19" black Excel rim with spokes or the complete wheel shoot me a PM. It should fit 99-06 YZ400/426/450F. :applause:

Is anyone interested in buying the complete wheel before I get it re-laced? It's a 19" x 2.15" black excel with silver billet Talon hub and heavy duty spokes w/spline drive nipples. It will fit 99-06 YZ400/426/450F. It's in excellent condition and only has a few rides on it.

Thanks for looking. :applause: