HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
1BLUEsky

Need HELP on Triple clamp

3 posts in this topic

Can anyone in the YZ forum tell me if the triple clamps on YZs are interchangeable with the WR. Im putting Pro tapers from the TT store on an 03 WR 450.the order isnt processed yet and Im not getting answers from the WR forum so Thanks for any help you can Give.

I can tell you that both '03 bikes have 46 mm forks so triple clamps are interchangeable in that respect. WR still had 46 mm forks in '04, while YZ got 48 mm forks.

Both '03 models have the same parts number for the lower TC with steering stem, but will you be able to use your headlight with the YZ upper TC - I cannot tell you, but If you ask me I say the 2003 YZ clamps bolt right on 2003 WR.

I can tell you that both '03 bikes have 46 mm forks so triple clamps are interchangeable in that respect. WR still had 46 mm forks in '04, while YZ got 48 mm forks.

Both '03 models have the same parts number for the lower TC with steering stem, but will you be able to use your headlight with the YZ upper TC - I cannot tell you, but If you ask me I say the 2003 YZ clamps bolt right on 2003 WR.

Thanks for the reply I'm going to check the bike as I forgot about the way the headlight mounts.