Gas pouring out gas tank vent hose

Why do I have gas pouring out of vent hose coming from gas tank cap?

Just up and started after riding for several hours. I took apart the gas cap and see nothing wrong.

thanks

Mike

2000 YZ426F

Try turning your one way valve around or replacing it.

Try to avoid filling the tank up to the top. Leave a little bit of space for air and expansion and you'll avoid most of that.

I can't really understand the description but i think what's happening is the gas is sloshing around and just a little is getting out the vent hose.

Literally "pouring" or is it just venting?

Try to avoid filling the tank up to the top. Leave a little bit of space for air and expansion and you'll avoid most of that.

What he said. If your tank was only half full then :applause:

The tank is only half full when it is occuring, and it only happens when I really start moving. it is literally pouring out. That morning I filled the tank up to the top, it did nt happen until a few hours later after the tank drained to half full. That is why its a little confusing to me.

I will try a new one-way valve, it must have up and broke. and yes its pointing the right direction

thanks,

Mike

First I would try a new hose, and maybe new cap all together. I can't think of anything else causing such pressure build up.