HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
YoungGun650R

Hotcam Help

3 posts in this topic

Hey Guys, I finally installed my 680 kit into my xr650r today. Now Im to the point of installing the hotcam (stage 2). What Im needing to know is, do I need to remove the spring and plunger under the cam that used to go with the auto decompression on the old stock cam or do I leave it there? Also will my valve specs. be the same with the new stage two hotcam as it was with the stock cam. By the way the piston I am using is the 11:1 if that matters in any way to the questions that Im asking. Thanks for any feedback. :applause:

If the new cam doesn't utilize an auto-decompression mechanism (it does not, right?) than yes, remove the spring and plunger--they're not needed.

Hotcams specifies stock clearences for the stage 2: .006/.008

No, the new cam does not incorporate the auto decompression, so I guess i will take the plunger and spring out and button her back up tonight. Thanks for the help!