HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
cowboyona426

New graphics or not?

13 posts in this topic

As some of you may remember, I took a spill on my 2nd ride on my 450 and munched the right side shroud and graphic a bit:

damage1.jpg

damage2.jpg

I have a new set of One Industries Alpha graphics that I practically stole I've been dying to put on, but I'm wondering if I should wait for some more severe damage to occur (not that I plan on crashing :applause:). Opinions?

did you get just the shrouds graphics if so you might want get some new shrouds and put you new graphics on them so when you race you can put your crappy ones on and when you are just messing around you can put your good ones on

otherwise I would wait a little while and see what happens but hey falling is part of riding

You can remove the stock graphics if you heat them a little. Use a blowdrier or heat gun. Pull them off and store them on wax paper.

Since the new graphics have a slit almost exactly where the crack is, I decide to wait until I get new shrouds to put the graphics on. Next question... blue or black shrouds?

hi,

how do u guys put on new graphics,

just stick them on clean surfaces,

& ensure there are no bubbles ,

thanks, :applause:

hi,

thanks, :D

Have your mommy do it...thats what I do. :applause::prof:

hi,

thanks, :applause:

Howabout this

http://www.transworldmotocross.com/mx/how_to/article/0,13190,1144324,00.html

You can also tear the backing totally away and spray some window cleaner on the backside, then place them on plastic and start rubbing them on with a credit card. Start from the middle towards edges and drive the liquid away.

I saw those and really like them, but I got a screaming deal on the One Industries kit. I'll bet those have a slit similar to the graphics I picked up anyways, right where the shroud curves and right where mine is cracked!!! :applause: