2003 Subframe on a 2004 YZ450F?

Anyone ever try this? The yamaha part number for the 2004 is 5XD-21190-00-00 and the 2003 is 5TA-21190-00-00. 2 people have told me they look the same but no one has tried it yet that I know of. Does anyone here have experience with this? If so, did it work? Any problems?

Thanks,

drockrdr

I'm under the impression the '03-'05 subframes are the same. I am going to "convert" my '02 to the '03-'05 plastics which requires the use of a subframe from any of those years.

Thanks for the info e30M3. Anyone else? Any actually try this?

Thanks in advance all...

I'm under the impression the '03-'05 subframes are the same. I am going to "convert" my '02 to the '03-'05 plastics which requires the use of a subframe from any of those years.

Wont you need a new air box....and not to mention a new muffler and mid pipe......would the exhaust even work cause then you have to take into consider will the head pipe work with the new mid pipe?

:applause: OK...I got the 2003 subframe in yesterday. "IT BOLTED RIGHT UP!!"

Everything fits like a glove. So I'm here to tell ya, a 2003 YZ450F subframe WILL fit on a 2004 YZ450F. Thanks for the responses all.

D-Rock :D

Wont you need a new air box....and not to mention a new muffler and mid pipe......would the exhaust even work cause then you have to take into consider will the head pipe work with the new mid pipe?

From what I have read from other post I need, and have already purchased, the subframe, tank, seat, shrouds, airbox, and plastics. Since I was going to change all the plastics anyway the added expense won't be that much once I sell some of the old parts (anyone need the subframe or airbox from an '02?)