HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
drockrdr

2003 Subframe on a 2004 YZ450F?

6 posts in this topic

Anyone ever try this? The yamaha part number for the 2004 is 5XD-21190-00-00 and the 2003 is 5TA-21190-00-00. 2 people have told me they look the same but no one has tried it yet that I know of. Does anyone here have experience with this? If so, did it work? Any problems?

Thanks,

drockrdr

I'm under the impression the '03-'05 subframes are the same. I am going to "convert" my '02 to the '03-'05 plastics which requires the use of a subframe from any of those years.

Thanks for the info e30M3. Anyone else? Any actually try this?

Thanks in advance all...

I'm under the impression the '03-'05 subframes are the same. I am going to "convert" my '02 to the '03-'05 plastics which requires the use of a subframe from any of those years.

Wont you need a new air box....and not to mention a new muffler and mid pipe......would the exhaust even work cause then you have to take into consider will the head pipe work with the new mid pipe?

:applause: OK...I got the 2003 subframe in yesterday. "IT BOLTED RIGHT UP!!"

Everything fits like a glove. So I'm here to tell ya, a 2003 YZ450F subframe WILL fit on a 2004 YZ450F. Thanks for the responses all.

D-Rock :D

Wont you need a new air box....and not to mention a new muffler and mid pipe......would the exhaust even work cause then you have to take into consider will the head pipe work with the new mid pipe?

From what I have read from other post I need, and have already purchased, the subframe, tank, seat, shrouds, airbox, and plastics. Since I was going to change all the plastics anyway the added expense won't be that much once I sell some of the old parts (anyone need the subframe or airbox from an '02?)