Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
cb4004

Need some help, 650L missing when I get on it

4 posts in this topic

Hello All

I'm a newbie to TT and appreciate you help in advance.

I recently picked up a 94 650L, it's got 7500 mil on it and is in good shape for a 12 year old bike.

I have noticed when I get on the throttle hard it will hick up a little, it doesn't do it if I am going through gears easy only when I really get on it and the RPM are high. Does this sound like dirty jets?

Thank you Tom

Hello All

I'm a newbie to TT and appreciate you help in advance.

I recently picked up a 94 650L, it's got 7500 mil on it and is in good shape for a 12 year old bike.

I have noticed when I get on the throttle hard it will hick up a little, it doesn't do it if I am going through gears easy only when I really get on it and the RPM are high. Does this sound like dirty jets?

Thank you Tom

Sounds like a problem I had. I tried everything I could think of, or that my Friends or shop could think of. Even spent $$$ to have the shop clean it as I had a number of times. Finally I borrowed a Friends carb and it ran fine, so I swapped the slide/diaphram and it worked fine. Now it runs great! Not sure what would have caused this, but I'm glad it's gone. I suspect the diaphram had a slight warp to it, since I couldn't find even a small hole. Just over a hundred bucks Canadian for a new slide/diaphram. Had to drill the new one but it works great now. If you have access to another carb, try swap'n the slide. If your diaphram doesn't seal properly, then when you're under full throttle and needing that vacuum the most, it will sputter. Have you checked the valves. Running good fuel?

:applause: good luck

Try a new plug.

Check for vacuum leaks around the carb hoses. They split when they get old where they attach and suck air.

Check for correct fit at the air boot carb junction as it could be sucking non filtered air.

Do the carb mod suggested on here for the L's if you have not already, it could be a jetting problem, and you will eliminate a lot of the vacuum hoses I just suggested checking for splits while getting the jetting closer to correct.