EVERYBODY RIDE 75mph on FREEWAY

Does Everybody Drive Freeway I Have 93 Xr 650 L Bought Last Week I Get On Freeway Right Before The Morning Rush Starts So Everybody Is Hauling Ass And Wind Off Of The Big Trucks Can Get Me A Little Unstable Is There Anything I Can Do So That The Wind Doesent Have As Much Of A Affect On Me.

Kevin

Does Everybody Drive Freeway I Have 93 Xr 650 L Bought Last Week I Get On Freeway Right Before The Morning Rush Starts So Everybody Is Hauling Ass And Wind Off Of The Big Trucks Can Get Me A Little Unstable Is There Anything I Can Do So That The Wind Doesent Have As Much Of A Affect On Me.

Kevin

Let me know if you figure it out, I feel like a cork in the ocean. Do you always capitalize every word? :applause:

Let me know if you figure it out, I feel like a cork in the ocean. Do you always capitalize every word? :D

Doesnt capitalizing every word cause a taller profile which would increase wind buffeting? :applause:

*L* just kidding. I dont ride freeways cuz i dont trust cage drivers, i am strictly a sideroad & trail user. i rarely get over about 60mph for what i do on any road.

I am on the 405 between 5:00 and 5:30am between Fountain Valley and Long beach and you better be going at least 75 the carpool lane is impossible. Just hold on and keep your distance from those trucks. :applause:

Kool so everything is as it should be and thats just the way it is!

Sorry for caps.

I hate the 405, and the 710 its got pot holes the size of small jumps and at 75 mph + changing lanes with a car 1 foot infront of you 1 foot behind you and 6 inches on both sides getting airborn aint no fun and if you look in the car its a woman talking on a cell phone,putting on her make-up while reaching over the back seat to smak her kid and gives you a look like you aint going fast enough but i love this bike alot .

I'D RATHER OWE U,THAN CHEAT U OUT OF IT.

KEVIN

Looks like you have a lot to live for and a Family that depends on you .

Slow down, you don't need to be in a rush .

Take the back roads or the frontage road :applause:

What does RECIPIE mean in your sig?

Sorry for the hijack.

my 650r does the same thing and i too have to ride the highway for a while everyday for work. if it is because of the height of the bike try getting some supermoto wheels. i realize the ones that are laced up and everything can be upwards of 1200 but i am in the middle of fitting some cbr f3 wheels to my bike and the total cost including the wheels that came with tires on them is 150 so far. i used to have to tippy toe with the knobby tires on the bike but with the supermoto tires even my short fiance can flat foot. plus i am getting a shorter front fender also. hopefully with those two things it should help out alot. i'll keep ya updated if it helps out or not

i am in the middle of fitting some cbr f3 wheels to my bike

Tell me more about this:

- Are the axle diamters the same?

- How is the spacing front / rear?

- Did you machine factory spacers?

- Chain alignment issues?

- What about brake caliper brackets and rotors? What diameters are used on the CBR?

Seems like it could be a fairly daunting task...

-Z

Tell me more about this:

- Are the axle diamters the same?

- How is the spacing front / rear?

- Did you machine factory spacers?

- Chain alignment issues?

- What about brake caliper brackets and rotors? What diameters are used on the CBR?

Seems like it could be a fairly daunting task...

-Z

if you have an l model i know a guy that can give you the exact dimensions that needs to be taken off everything. that guy is helping me do this, not in person but just helpfull things that he did on his to help me with mine. i will post all the info when it is all said and done.

It does help to lean forward and stay low.

That's the ticket.

Think about it, it's only a 350 lb. street/dirt bike going 70+ mph? :applause: These bikes are going to be all over the place on pavement & in high winds.

It does take some getting used to, though. Me? I prefer D.O.T. knobs over any other type of tire because I'm always skating around on those on the road. This way it always seems normal & I'm used to it... :prof:

Best advice is to make sure both front & back tires are balanced so you don't end up with any unnecessary movement not caused by nature or other vehicles. This can be very, very bad... :D

my 650r does the same thing and i too have to ride the highway for a while everyday for work. if it is because of the height of the bike try getting some supermoto wheels. i realize the ones that are laced up and everything can be upwards of 1200 but i am in the middle of fitting some cbr f3 wheels to my bike and the total cost including the wheels that came with tires on them is 150 so far. i used to have to tippy toe with the knobby tires on the bike but with the supermoto tires even my short fiance can flat foot. plus i am getting a shorter front fender also. hopefully with those two things it should help out alot. i'll keep ya updated if it helps out or not

How are you getting the CBR wheels to fit up. Do they just match up?

How are you getting the CBR wheels to fit up. Do they just match up?

i wish... like i said before when it is all said and done i will post up all the links and info i can so other people can try and do it.