Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BIGchiefKODIAK

Is a older model worse?

9 posts in this topic

well i am in a pickle. I am supposed to go pick up a 06 wr on friday. I just found a excellent deal on a barely used wr450. HMMM I am fairly sure this is the last year before they did the green sticker, correct? Would i have any loss of performance or anything really for getting a 04? He said it all the the mods done air box. wire... you know the rest. And it is already street legal. since i will used mine for go to work from time to time. THanks for any info. :applause:

Apparently, the 04s have more snap off the bottom than the 05-06 model do. If you don't mind getting a used bike, go for it. The fact that its already plated is a big :applause:

Go for the '06. It is a much improved bike over the '04 in handling and geometry. You should not have a problem plating the '06 in Nevada. The '04 is is good bike, but from what I have heard the improvements Yamaha did on the '05 were dramatic.

Well I am all about saving money. I purchased the 04 with all the mods already done new tires valve job speedo pretty much everythig. A older man i got it from. So now i have to wait a week for it to get shipped here. Shucks i wanted to go riding this weekend. Oh ya its already street leagal so that is nice. Thanks for your opinions.

Well I am all about saving money. I purchased the 04 with all the mods already done new tires valve job speedo pretty much everythig. A older man i got it from. So now i have to wait a week for it to get shipped here. Shucks i wanted to go riding this weekend. Oh ya its already street leagal so that is nice. Thanks for your opinions.

I would have done the same thing. Don't get me wrong, I love having a new bike off the showroom floor. But the WR is well designed and built and I had no problem buying used - after I did my homework. Enjoy....

especially if your a taller person,they lowered the 05 considerably and was too small for me. my 04 wr was a great bike. if you ride woods you may want to look into some 23mm offset clamps,it turns much better and sacrifices no high speed stability :applause: