Do you use a Camelbak?

Damn, i really like my camelbak and i think its a great product.

I found the summary most interesting:

Not supporting our industry (OHV) is one one thing, coming out financially against us is quite another.

The Facts:

CamelBak is still advertising in the Sierra Club magazine "Sierra" and the ads are currently running. Two weeks ago when I questioned Lea Morrison about this, she stated, "We will not be renewing our contract with the Sierra Club when it expires." She was unable to provide me with this date. This was the same answer they gave a year ago...

They provide corporate financial support to radical Eco-Nazi groups through their affiliation with ORCA. Follow the money...

Their own VP of Marketing, Sky George has been quoted saying what an "important" and "history making step" their alliance with groups of this ilk was. While CamelBak Corporate refutes his statements publicly, their ties to ORCA, B4W and Pew Charitable Trusts has been clearly established. No evidence to the contrary was offered other than, "...the matter is under internal review."

These are basically the same platitudes CamelBak offered this writer a year ago, particularly as to why OHV's were not represented in their promotional materials. In fact when ORC photographers contacted CamelBak offering to provide images, they were given the "brush off."

The complete lack of representation of OHV's in CamelBak's marketing plan, trade organization affiliations, and policies. When queried on this, their Presidents only response was (paraphrased) "...we'll try to do better..."

When queried when Sky George will step down from the ORCA board and also issue an apology to CamelBak's OHV customers, Glenn Gross replied, "The matter is under internal review."

Please, I can tell when I'm being patronized. Same old story, same old song and dance.

What You Can Do

Don Amador of the Blue Ribbon Coalition was the first to cut the logo from his Camel Bak and mail it to Sky George.

Think carefully before purchasing CamelBak products. We can exert a huge economic pressure on them to demonstrate that we are not pleased with their policies. Boycott?

All businesses selling, distributing, displaying or using CamelBak products must be also be advised of CamelBak's questionable involvement with ORCA, B4W and PEW.

Cut the CamelBak logo from any products you own and mail them to:

CamelBak Products, Inc.

Attn: Glenn Gross

1310 Redwood Way Ste. 200

Petaluma, CA 94954

(Please enclose a note outlining your feelings)

Call Sky George at 800-767-8725 ext 280, Lea Morrison at ext 285 and Mike Geraci at 307-733-1514. Let them know how happy you are with their corporate policies.

Fax them at 707-665-9231, share some more thoughts...

Email addresses where your concerns should be directed:

Glenn Gross, President: president@camelbak.com

Sky George, VP: sgeorge@camelbak.com

Lea Morrison, Marketing: lmorrison@camelbak.com

Mike Geraci, Public Relations mgeraci@wyoming .com

Send this article to EVERYONE you know.

If you see someone using a CamelBak product, share the facts with them.

If they are unswayed by the facts, "be persistent."

This is old info. LOOK HERE for an update by Mike Hobbs (still old, though)

I am more than happy to boycott products or suppliers for one reason or another, unless they are just the best. For instance, I will not buy French products (dressing, bread and toast included), with the exception of Petzl, because they make some of the best climbing gear. I will never place another order with monkeybuttparts.com because of a recent snafu, however, I just had a very good experience with Thor customer service and will definitely deal with them again. The TT store has also landed me as a new customer due to their excellent customer service.

IMO, Camelbak is the best hydration bladder (a pack is a pack). I've had mine for at least 10 years and it still performs flawlessly, even though I have crash landed on it many times.

I will not cut my nose to spite my face.

This is old info. LOOK HERE for an update by Mike Hobbs.

I am more than happy to boycott products or suppliers for one reason or another, unless they are just the best. For instance, I will not buy French products (dressing, bread and toast included), with the exception of Petzl, because they make some of the best climbing gear. I will never place another order with monkeybuttparts.com because of a recent snafu, however, I just had a very good experience with Thor customer service and will definitely deal with them again. The TT store has also landed me as a new customer due to their excellent customer service.

IMO, Camelbak is the best hydration bladder (a pack is a pack). I've had mine for at least 10 years and it still performs flawlessly, even though I have crash landed on it many times.

I will not cut my nose to spite my face.

I feel the exact same way. I have had my pack for well over 7 years and it still performs like new and looks new when washed. If I had to worry where every $ I spent went or to support what crazy cause, I would not get any sleep or have anything. Life's too short, I am enjoying myself too much to worry about it. If they ever banned motorcycles, I would just pull the mountain bike back out or the golf clubs.

By buying products made in a communist country, are you supporting communism?

I feel the exact same way. I have had my pack for well over 7 years and it still performs like new and looks new when washed. If I had to worry where every $ I spent went or to support what crazy cause, I would not get any sleep or have anything. Life's too short, I am enjoying myself too much to worry about it. If they ever banned motorcycles, I would just pull the mountain bike back out or the golf clubs.

By buying products made in a communist country, are you supporting communism?

C'mon man........ Life is short, especially the life of our public riding opportunities.

And you guys that say Camelbak is the best bladder out there........ I urge you to look at the options, I have used them all and Hydra-Pak and the Walmart bladder I have are equally as good as the Camel Bak.

Camel Bak advertises in Dirt Rider and other publications because we are the Lion's share of there business but they do not have enuf balls to stand beside us because the tree huggers have painted us all in the public's eye to look like the Hell's Angels.

Go ahead and pull your MTB or Golf Clubs out and enjoy your self :applause:

Think and get involved........... because life IS short.

C'mon man........ Life is short, especially the life of our public riding opportunities.

And you guys that say Camelbak is the best bladder out there........ I urge you to look at the options, I have used them all and Hydra-Pak and the Walmart bladder I have are equally as good as the Camel Bak.

Camel Bak advertises in Dirt Rider and other publications because we are the Lion's share of there business but they do not have enuf balls to stand beside us because the tree huggers have painted us all in the public's eye to look like the Hell's Angels.

Go ahead and pull your MTB or Golf Clubs out and enjoy your self :applause:

Think and get involved........... because life IS short.

Well, considering I gave my money to Camelbak over 7 years ago and don't have any needs to do so in the future, there are bigger things for me to worry about. Dirtbikers have been fighting this fight long before Camelbak or the Sierra Club were involved. Fight the good fight, I'm going riding. :D

Well, considering I gave my money to Camelbak over 7 years ago and don't have any needs to do so in the future, there are bigger things for me to worry about. Dirtbikers have been fighting this fight long before Camelbak or the Sierra Club were involved. Fight the good fight, I'm going riding. :D

C'mon cut yer label off and send it in.... I dare ya :applause:

Actually, that info is two years older then the original article linked at the top of this thread. The link to the updated 2001 info is dead.

-B

Huh? :applause: Did I miss something. The original link had dates no later than March of '01. The link I posted was from '01 as well and was written by one of the original emailers to Camelbak, Mike Hobbs of Off-Road.com, from the same place as Mr. Dune, another author of emails to Camelbak in the original link. :D

Don, I have tried others (Nalgene and a tree huggin' hemp off brand :prof:, both of whom may be on the Sierra club list). IMO, the taste, durability and bite valve was not as good as my Camelbak. But my money was spent years ago, and with the durability of the Camelbak, I shouldn't need to give them any more for another 10 years. :prof: I'll cut my label off, too, if it makes you feel better. :bonk:

Just think, the money your spending on camel back is gonna get land closed to motorcycles, maybe your riding area. If you dont care if you ride or not, then dont worry about it. But for the guy who wants to ride offroad, its time to wake up to the war that has been waged on riding dirt bikes. Buy the thor hydration system. :applause:

I interviewed for a position with Camelbak a couple of years ago, and one thing I can tell from personal experience that after interviewing the inept management there that there is only one company that surpasses them as the most all time F...up company in the world "FOX" yes! Fox purchasing management rates as the lowest scum on the earth. IMHO! Myself and my associates have been boycotting FOX Products for years now. As A TT Member I ask you too as well. My friends, when we ride together next, I shall tell of my Horrific Ordeal with the SOB's. Thank you all.

Huh? :applause: Did I miss something. The original link had dates no later than March of '01. The link I posted was from '01 as well

The link you posted was to a July 2000 article by Mike Hobbs (not two years earlier like I originally said - sorry). The link on that page - "Read this and then see what Mr. Dune uncovered a year later!... - is supposed to go to a 2001 update, but does not.

-Bob

I interviewed for a position with Camelbak a couple of years ago, and one thing I can tell from personal experience that after interviewing the inept management there that there is only one company that surpasses them as the most all time F...up company in the world "FOX" yes! Fox purchasing management rates as the lowest scum on the earth. IMHO! Myself and my associates have been boycotting FOX Products for years now. As A TT Member I ask you too as well. My friends, when we ride together next, I shall tell of my Horrific Ordeal with the SOB's. Thank you all.

fox GEAR? never touch the stuff...

FOX network??? cant live without it...simpsons, family guy, the shield, rescue me, Pride figthing championships....does it get any better?

and as for the camelbak...i already purchased one a long time ago...so the damage is already done, so to speak....

but taking this new information into consideration, if and when i am in the market for a hydration system in the future, i will give consideration to the other brands.

what more can i do? and no, im not cutting up my hard earned money (my camelbak that i purchased) just so i can send a label to a company that will just put it in the trash.

How will i stick it to them? by wearing THEIR product while I ride my DIRTBIKE. the camelbak label will be the last thing hikers and MTNbikers see as i zip past them.

How will i stick it to them? by wearing THEIR product while I ride my DIRTBIKE. the camelbak label will be the last thing hikers and MTNbikers see as i zip past them.

Don't forget to roost 'em when they give you the hairy eyeball!!! I couldn't resist :applause: ...SC