HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Blome

Glass Lens for 100w bulb

11 posts in this topic

Where do you guys buy the glass lens for an XR600? I want to run a 100w bulb on my bike, but the plastic lens won't work. I know that baja designs sells them, but they're totally out and won't be getting them anytime soon. So I need another source.

Honda OEM - it was an optional part on the early 90s bikes.

I have one with the factory 55watt light

You got an extra? :applause: But seriously, do you? Or do you have the part number on that? I can't seem to get any info from my local shop they can't tell me if it's glass or plastic.

OK just did some searching

It is part number 33120 MK2 671 for the 1988 -91/91 XR600.

Thats the complete unit with globe and lens and wires.

Bolts staright into the XR600R and the 650R shroud as well. (I know I did it with the 650R shroud)

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c104/torbreck2/132_3212_r1.jpg

Can you tell me if HOnda make an OEM 100watt globe?

Where do you guys buy the glass lens for an XR600? I want to run a 100w bulb on my bike, but the plastic lens won't work. I know that baja designs sells them, but they're totally out and won't be getting them anytime soon. So I need another source.

A 100 watt bulb may be too much for your factory wiring. On my L, I had to run bigger wires and use a relay to get a 100/90 to work reliably. If your wiring is overloaded it will result is reduced bulb life and possible damage to your electric system.

So be careful. :applause:

You will need an upgraded stator to run a 100 watt bulb. The stock stator is only good for 80 watts or so. The stock stator will run a 55 to 65 watt bulb easily.

OK just did some searching

It is part number 33120 MK2 671 for the 1988 -91/91 XR600.

Thats the complete unit with globe and lens and wires.

Bolts staright into the XR600R and the 650R shroud as well. (I know I did it with the 650R shroud)

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c104/torbreck2/132_3212_r1.jpg

Can you tell me if HOnda make an OEM 100watt globe?

Dude, perfect! :applause: I'll definetly get back to you when I find out if they make 100w bulbs. As for the stator and the wiring, it's already rewound for dual output and the wiring is upgraded. I run 125w on an AC circuit for my headlight, which is controlled by a relay. Than I run a DC circuit for everthing else, which really isn't that much (ie. horn, LED signals, LED taillight and brake).

Dude, perfect! :applause: I'll definetly get back to you when I find out if they make 100w bulbs. As for the stator and the wiring, it's already rewound for dual output and the wiring is upgraded. I run 125w on an AC circuit for my headlight, which is controlled by a relay. Than I run a DC circuit for everthing else, which really isn't that much (ie. horn, LED signals, LED taillight and brake).

hey dude I spoke with my electric guru down here and he said you def need uprated wiring to run a 100watts.

The stock wiring and specifically the switches are made for only up to about 55watt.

Seems like you have had your upgraded.

Just bought one with that part number and the damn thing cost me $62 (not including the 100w bulb), but I guess it beats waiting for 3 weeks until baja get their stock in. :applause: