Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
amdderik

XR650L leaking oil out carb.

5 posts in this topic

2000 XR650L 13,000 miles

2,000 miles ago I dropped a valve seat and had to get another head, bore the cylinder(new Wiseco Piston), and resurface the head.

The bike seems to run great however it leaks oil out of the carb, when I park it.

Do you guys think that it is valves or what?

I bought the head that is currently on the bike off of ebay, not knowing how many miles was on it.

Leaks oil out of the carb, or is there just oil in the airbox? Oil in the airbox usually comes from the crankcase breather. It has two causes, too much oil in the engine or blow by past the rings.

It appears to be leaking out of the carb. because the inside of the air filter is splattered with engine oil. There diffinately is not too much oil in the bike, it is just right.

It appears to be leaking out of the carb. because the inside of the air filter is splattered with engine oil. There diffinately is not too much oil in the bike, it is just right.

Coming from the crank breather.

D

I really doubt that the rings are bad though, they were properly installed and everything was perfect. And the oil level is definately not too high.

It looks like it is coming out of the carb.