Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
asdfasdfffewg

YZ426 acting funny

7 posts in this topic

I have a 2001 yz426 and its been running fine until now. While im riding, it sputters while im keeping a constant speed. It will do it while im going fast or slow. I cant really notice that much when i open up the throttle, it's still really fast but it just seems like its not AS fast as it was before. I changed the plug but im not sure what to do next. It seems like im getting a lot more back fire too when i let off the gas. I was thinking that it might be something with the fuel mixture but im not sure. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

This may not help your problem but it did help mine, my 450 was sputering at a constant throttle and would sometimes even stall it turned out to be my fuel cap vent hose was plugged. Your problem may be diffrent but thats one thing to check.

check the vent/overflow hoses coming off the carb for kinks, dirt, water, and let us know. Also, pull the fuel hose off at the carb and put the end of the hose in a glass bottle. turn on the fuel petcock and let it fill the bottle, all the while watching for a decrease in flow. when you are done, just pour the gas back in the tank.

Better check the air in your tires... :D seriosly, mine does that after a fall and its always the hot start switch somehow gets pulled out. I would clean your air filter well and make sure it is seated properly, and all your hoses to and from the carb should be clear and free of kinks & dirt, and an iridium spark plug would be wise as well. I HIGHLY recomend the zip ty fuel screw to fine tune your carb. Best 20$ ive spent on my bike yet. It will take fine tuning your bike to the next level!!! :applause:

I have a 2001 yz426 and its been running fine until now. While im riding, it sputters while im keeping a constant speed. It will do it while im going fast or slow. I cant really notice that much when i open up the throttle, it's still really fast but it just seems like its not AS fast as it was before. I changed the plug but im not sure what to do next. It seems like im getting a lot more back fire too when i let off the gas. I was thinking that it might be something with the fuel mixture but im not sure. Any help would be greatly appreciated.