HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SoCalWR426

YZ Carbs Better than WR??

6 posts in this topic

With all we have to do to WR carbs to make them perform, would we be better off trying to get a YZ carb from our crotch rocket friends on the YZ Page?

I'm waiting for my 2002 WR426 & already have Canadian 2002 YZF426 pipe

and will need YZ jetting & needle info.I will be doing Grey Wire, YZ timeing,Airbox cover,Bk mod.Throttle stop. And hopefully you guy's can help me get there.

Thanks

Mike

YZ carb: $800

New jets/needles: Appx $40-50 for a good selection.

Dialing in either carb: Priceless.

The carb is very easy to work on. Look at some jetting threads and learn what you need to do.

The YZ carb's settings are not infalible. Many folks change them as well to suite their jetting/altitude/pipe, etc.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:<HR>Originally posted by mcarp:

YZ carb: $800

New jets/needles: Appx $40-50 for a good selection.

Dialing in either carb: Priceless.

The carb is very easy to work on. Look at some jetting threads and learn what you need to do.

The YZ carb's settings are not infalible. Many folks change them as well to suite their jetting/altitude/pipe, etc.

that is classic. i am laughing my ass over here. Priceless. good one man. good one.

eh, i don't get it, whats so funny?

Anyway, once you install a YZ needle (if needed) and re-jet to suit your enviroment (needs to be done to either carb), you just need to block the air bypass valve if you chose to run YZ timing. Once thats done, what is the difference between a YZ carb and a WR carb? None, i think.

SoCal,

Just curious, why did you get a Canadian pipe? I have one too, and my bike runs way better with it. I'm about to do a bunch of jetting experiments with it.

Oops! I just noticed you got a YZ Canadian pipe. nevermind.

-Stef

[ October 30, 2001: Message edited by: Stefe9999 ]

Mcarp your killing me, I bet you were that kid who sat in the back of the class and made all those weird noises.

Well,me too, Thanks for the laugh... :)