06 yz450 susp

why dont you get out the manual that came with the bike. The settings are in there.

Also in the rear index of the book is a whole chapter of setting up the suspension, carb jetting and gearing

I agree, the manual yamaha sends with the bike is very comprehensive.

dumper, what type of riding are you doing? For woods riding I run my compression clickers full soft. Nearly perfect for me at 195lbs.

-Lowedog

• 6 months later...
I believe you can download the manual from yamaha-motor.com

I don't think so - they want to sell manuals for highly elevated prices, not give them away. What, Dumper, didn't your's come with a manual, or did you buy it used? You should have insisted that you get it from the owner - I'm sure he had it and sold it on ebay or something for like $50.

When I bought my smoker it had no manual. I think Yamaha publications charged me $75 delivered for it - not cheap. But absolutely necessary. In fact, it says right in the manual "this is a necessary part of the bike - make sure you keep it with it if you sell the bike" or something to that effect. Both my manuals are out in the desert with my bikes, so I can't help you. Besides, the idiot salesman gave me an 07 manual with my 06. He keeps promising me that I'll get the right one but I'm not holding my breath. Not that there are a whole lot of differences with specs or maintenance between the two, but still, I'd like to have the right one.

That's nothing though, Nissan publications wanted $140 for a shop manual to my 300ZX. Luckily I found a used one in brand new condition for $80. But it's twice as thick as the Yamaha manual, as you can imagine. The emissions section alone is almost the size of the Yamaha manual.

In PDF:

http://www.yamahaownershandbook.com.au/?r=0

They are in 3 languages, and the later ones cannot be printed, but it's better than nothing. :worthy:

I believe the orginal post was asking what the stock suspension settings were.... ie. number of clicks on the compression/rebound settings front/rear.

Not sure this solves the problem, unless you can point to where this information is located in the PDF? :D

I believe the orginal post was asking what the stock suspension settings were.... ie. number of clicks on the compression/rebound settings front/rear.

Not sure this solves the problem, unless you can point to where this information is located in the PDF? :worthy:

Really? Remember this suggestion?
why dont you get out the manual that came with the bike. The settings are in there.

Also in the rear index of the book is a whole chapter of setting up the suspension, carb jetting and gearing

Which was followed by:

yes thats a great idea...but I dont actually have a manual!!
Posting a link to a downloadable shop manual would appear to solve that problem. While dumper learns to find the information in the manual, he'll learn how it's laid out, and be able to find the answer to any number of other questions, maybe even one of yours. :D:prof:

Really? Remember this suggestion?

Really!

Which was followed by:

Posting a link to a downloadable shop manual would appear to solve that problem. While dumper learns to find the information in the manual, he'll learn how it's laid out, and be able to find the answer to any number of other questions, maybe even one of yours. :prof::bonk:

I believe the information you are quoting is an assumption. Again, I have yet to see the stock suspension setttings listed in the manual, which is why I was asking for someone to highlight them as I've not been successful locating them. You are quick to highlight previous posts, however, I'd still be interested in solving the issue of identification of stock settings for the suspension. i.e. rebound clicks, compression clicks, etc. :worthy:

I believe the question centered around suspension, but you already knew this.:D

Again, I have yet to see the stock suspension setttings listed in the manual, which is why I was asking for someone to highlight them as I've not been successful locating them.

:

Listen to gray, I guarantee it's all in the manual, has been in Yamaha manuals for at least 20 years.

I'd tell you the page, but again, gray's right, people need to learn how to use the book themselves. Being smart isn't knowing everything, it's knowing how to find out anything. This one's my favorite...

"If you give a hungry man a fish, he'll eat for a day. If you teach a hungry man to fish, he'll eat everyday."

Corny but true. (not sure I got that quote exactly right, but you get the idea.)

I believe the information you are quoting is an assumption.

I believe you're deliberately trying to annoy me.

Pages 3-35, 3-38, and 3-39 ('06 Yamaha YZ450FV Owner Service Manual).

I didn't know where this was until this morning, but it took me 5 minutes to track it down. I'm fairly sure I can't read any better than the average.