Wind turbulence with cut front fender?

If it's the 650L, then cutting 3" - 5" off the front will help by reducing drag, plus it gets rid of that oversized duck bill that ends up flappin' in the breeze at high speeds. :D

While you're at it, drill/cut some air holes/vents at the back. Helps to channel air to the head of the XRL's air-cooled motor. Highly recommended if you've got an aftermarket tank.

Lot's of guys, including me, have done the trimming & venting with great results... :applause: Check out the TT Garage for photos of this mod done by more than a few XRL riders.

I cut 2 1/2" off yesterday. It took the droop look out of it. Looks great. Doesn't flop around as much at higher speeds.

I was worried about getting mud on the cylinder fins by cutting to big of holes?? I ride alot off-road (when not riding to work), so I cut 1/4" holes in the back of the fender. They aren't noticable, but should help some.

Thanks

You can also put hardware cloth (screen) over the holes to help keep the larger projectiles from pelting the head. I used 1/4" x 1/4" mesh & zip-tied it on the inside & rear of the fender over the (8) 7/8" holes I drilled in mine. These are hard to see in the photo in the "garage."

Other guys have riveted, bolted & strapped theirs on. Many different ways to achieve the same results. :applause: