Acerbis 3.4 tank and Unabiker guards

Is anyone running this combo.? I'm having trouble fitting the right side back guard mount. The one held in place by the tank mount bolt. The guard has a portion that is flared out and is hitting the tank. The left side has the portion flared in and fits fine. Plus it is an extremely tight fit. Also, how are you guys running the fuel line with the acerbis tank? Any suggestion or pictures appreciated.

I drilled a second hole in the guard just behind the original hole that mounts between the frame and the tank. The tank rubs a tiny bit, but not enough to make a difference in over a year. I also replaced the crappy hoseline that comes with the tank with 1/4" Tygon. I then used a 5/16" brass fuel line "tee" instead of the plastic "Y". With the increase in size, I don't even need hoseclamps to hold the fuel line on the tee. It's NEVER come off and takes a lot of strength to pull it off when I remove the tank. I route the right side line between the head and the carb, pic included...SC

FuelLine.jpg

^looks good.

3.4g =?? L

ya, that is a no-nonsense set up...

i like it.

3.4 gallon [uS, liquid] = 12.87 liter...........i wish it was 14L+ {3.8+ gal}.

i just cant justify paying that much for a 2L gain over my 10L stock 2004 tank .

does any one know of a 3.8g tank?

3.4 gallon [uS, liquid] = 12.87 liter...........i wish it was 14L+ {3.8+ gal}.

i just cant justify paying that much for a 2L gain over my 10L stock 2004 tank .

does any one know of a 3.8g tank?

not that i know of...thats why i ordered that 6.6 gal acerbis tank. I figure i can fill it with as much or as little as i want...

I already have the Unabiker guards installed and just ordered the Acerbis 3.3tank. This will help, thanks Clark.

:)

Any issues with the IMS 3.1 gal tank and Works Connection rad. braces on an 05 WR450?

The guards I have, the tank is on the way.

safari (aqualine) has the 4 gallon tank

site specs:

Yamaha WR250 & WR450

Litres: 15.5

Colours: Blue or Translucent

Fits: All 2003-on WR250s & 450s

Includes: Fuel cap with breather hose

Price: $349

http://www.sporttouringusa.com/www/aqualine_safari2.html

Heres a pic i found on here a while ago of it fitted

l_935858f6218beceb81d1eda508c1662d.jpg