My '06 450 Kicks my *ss!!

I've been riding MX'ers off and on for the last 12 years. I bought my first 4-stroke after riding my friends CRF. I'm a yamaha fan so I said hey why not try the yz 450 LE. I really love the bike on the jumps, flat out, even hill climbing it does awesome!! The only problem I have (it's probably me), I feel like the bike is fighting me through the turns. I don't know if I'm doing anything wrong. I slide in to the turn like, on my 2 stroke, but after that I feel slow and just not comfortable. The bike feels stiff and most of my buddies on their 2 strokes pass me at this point. I was wondering if anyone as any pointers, or even has a clue what I'm talking about?

The first two things I can think of are:

>Your bike is new, and the suspension is going to feel a little tight at first. Plus, the '06 YZF is pretty sensitive about adjustments to the suspension. Most have found that the rear sag and the fork tube position are somewhat more critical than on other bikes. The sag should be about 95-98mm (with your weight standing on the pegs), and the front end works better with the tubes pulled up in the clamps until the first scribed line shows. Most seem to feel that the bars are also too low.

> Two strokes steer with the back wheel, four strokes steer with the front wheel and the throttle. The '06 YZF is one of the best turning four strokes around, but if you've been a pinger guy 'til now, it will take some getting used to. Get your weight forward and lean the bike lower in the center of the turn and it will come right around. When you're pointed the right direction, pull the trigger and leave.

Dirtysanchez84-

Clever Name you have. Just remember, I'm Dirtysanchez..The Elder.

I'm YZ'd as well (mostly set up for the woods) and absolutely love mine.

Cheers for now.

Dirty

if i change my screenname to "Rustytrombone", or if that's already taken (wouldn't be suprised) "Rustytrombone984"; could we all form a raceteam? what would we call it?

respond soon! my two buddies and i; "Piledriver" and "Saladtossingmaniac255" are looking for a new home.

you see, our former sponsor, Clear Channel dropped us. we still don't know why?

respond soon! my two buddies and i; "Piledriver" and "Saladtossingmaniac255" are looking for a new home.

you see, our former sponsor, Clear Channel dropped us. we still don't know why?

You guys are funny :D

Welcome to our racing team, it is registered by name Hi Hope Racing, we need guys like you in the team :applause:

sorry guys, my wife won't let me be "Rustytrombone" or "Rustytrombone984".

she claims she already called it..."Dirtysanchez", you are a lucky man. you're a guy right?

hows "Pantyhamsterassasin984" ?

sorry guys, my wife won't let me be "Rustytrombone" or "Rustytrombone984".

she claims she already called it..."Dirtysanchez", you are a lucky man. you're a guy right?

hows "Pantyhamsterassasin984" ?

PHA984...

That handle will surely make mere mortals shiver in their shoes.

Dirty...the Elder :applause:

I just installed the new Kenda "Budds Creek" 90x100 front tire and I simply cannot believe the difference it makes. The bike cornered great before, but now it is on rails. Even on very dry and slick dirt, this tire grips.