HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ranger520

risers for 06 yz450f

11 posts in this topic

Coop39 sells 10mm and 15mm risers, but the 15's don't work on the 450. The 10's work, but the studs on the clamps no longer reach the locking part of the nut. I have a set of his 10's and used blue locktite when I bolted it up, so far no problems. Replacing the studs is not an option unless you want to cut the old one off, then drill/tap for a new one to be put in... more work than it's worth IMO.

Coop39 sells 10mm and 15mm risers, but the 15's don't work on the 450. The 10's work, but the studs on the clamps no longer reach the locking part of the nut. I have a set of his 10's and used blue locktite when I bolted it up, so far no problems. Replacing the studs is not an option unless you want to cut the old one off, then drill/tap for a new one to be put in... more work than it's worth IMO.

I forgot the stock ones have no bolts like my protaper mounts had but fixed studs, so not worth replacing, true. A set of higher aftermarket clamps is the way to go if you need more than 10 mm rise.

I have a set of pro moto billet 10 mm up and 10mm forward for the 06. I am pricing a sub mount and scotts steering stabilizer will know on tuesday the 30th if im getting it. If the price is right on the new setup, Ill let you have my old riser for half of what I paid. If interested pm me.

Mike

I have a set of pro moto billet 10 mm up and 10mm forward for the 06. I am pricing a sub mount and scotts steering stabilizer will know on tuesday the 30th if im getting it. If the price is right on the new setup, Ill let you have my old riser for half of what I paid. If interested pm me.

Mike

Rockymountainatv has what you want.

http://www.rockymountainatv.com/

Does anyone know where I can find some 10mm risers for stock clamps?

5mm Spacer #GYT-2S275-10-03 Yamaha Part in Tall Bar Mount Kit #GYT-2S275-10-03

garage.php?do=viewattachment&attachmentid=41278

Stack two.

The stud is not long enough for 2 spacers on the stock mounts?? I was thinking about pulling the stud and using a bolt.......