Chain Noise YZ426...

Hey, this really isn't a big deal but...Do your guy's chains make a lot of noise when you ride? Like clanking noise. I tightened the slack on the chain, but whenever I twist the throttle hard at first it always clanks around. Is this normal? I don't know if I should tighten it anymore in fear of it breaking or messing up the engine.... :ride:

same thing i said in another post, maybe it's your chain. if it's the stock chain, throw it away IMMEDIATELY. those things are garbage and you can tighten it up, go ride 20 feet, and it's loose again.

get yourself a high quality o-ring or x-ring chain (but you'll want to replace the sprockets at the same time to avoid prematurely wearing out your new $100 chain). this should help immensely with the chain noise.

Thanks for the post. Mine does this all the time. It drives me nuts. I always think of my bike as a piece of high technology, but I guess that this is a clank that we have to live with. I have everything adjusted and it still clanks. I guess that I'll just have to wear stronger ear plugs.