Warning - '06 owners, check your swingarm!

How hard would it be to get off if I do glue it with the silicon?

Not hard at all. Just scrape off what you can and then use some type of solvent like Goo Gone. I used a piece of inner tube RTV'd to the swing arm under the slider on my '03 WR 450 and put 5000 miles on it and never had a problem. :applause: Ran the stock chain and sprockets that whole time and they barely showed any wear when I sold it a month ago.

I did the same fix to my YZ and won't worry a bit. :D

-Lowedog

hey gray, is that your site?

BTW great write up :applause:

Alright, so all I have to do is put some silicon on bottom of the chain slider, screw it down to swingarm, and I will be fine with this issue?

I must be missing something as mine does not have this wear - :applause:

Is there a possibility that a wider or oring chain could be the culprit? or too much free play/ or not enough in the chain? I understand the movement in the chainslider can cause this - dirt underneath can be abrasive.

I checked my 03 also and it does not have this wear either....I just swapped out chain sliders on it...

I've heard people from parts of the Southeast say the same thing before, and I don't know what to make of it exactly except to assume that the soil in the area or the specific kind of riding done may have some bearing on whether or how much wear occurs under the slider. The width of the chain should be immaterial, but certainly, running more slack in it would be a contributor. If yours has no wear, then that's a good thing, but obviously, not everyone can count on that. It's easy to avoid, though.

I've heard people from parts of the Southeast say the same thing before, and I don't know what to make of it exactly except to assume that the soil in the area or the specific kind of riding done may have some bearing on whether or how much wear occurs under the slider. The width of the chain should be immaterial, but certainly, running more slack in it would be a contributor. If yours has no wear, then that's a good thing, but obviously, not everyone can count on that. It's easy to avoid, though.

Greyracer is it prone more to sandy soil conditions? We do not have much sand here - maybe that is the culprit.....

Also thx for the tip on the Amsoil Preferred customer application......I am making my switch to Amsoil for great wholesale prices.... :applause::D

If it gets under the slider, and it's abrasive, it's a culprit. We have a lot of sand, and if not sand, DG. One's as bad as the other.

i am not sure what kind of slider to get can somebody help me out by telling me where abouts i could get one

thanks

Heres one of the best TM Designworks

i havent experienced this problem i have about 15 hours on my 06. maybe it has something to do with the fact that i clean the bike after every ride or at the races after every moto. i also keep the chain adjusted. there is a small amount of wear but its just the finnish underneat where the little thing is under there but nothing like what the pictures i have seen on here. i have kept an eye on it because you guys are always complaining about it.

i havent experienced this problem i have about 15 hours on my 06. maybe it has something to do with the fact that i clean the bike after every ride or at the races after every moto. i also keep the chain adjusted. there is a small amount of wear but its just the finnish underneat where the little thing is under there but nothing like what the pictures i have seen on here. i have kept an eye on it because you guys are always complaining about it.

I wash bike each ride, CLEAN too...better than most people (just look at my garage). I at first got this problem with the chain slider wear...but it seems it stopped after the first few hours.

I wash bike each ride, CLEAN too...better than most people (just look at my garage). I at first got this problem with the chain slider wear...but it seems it stopped after the first few hours.

yup you definatly do a good job cleaning