HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
1996XR600

need XR600R engine

13 posts in this topic

Hey I have a '96 XR600R that needs an engine and cdi box. I'm looking at finding an engine to finish it. I'm located in oregon and need some help finding one, can any one help me? I also have a '80 XL250S and a '84 VF750F 750 Interceptor that i'm working on parting out where would be the best place to sell the parts? :ride:

I've been looking on Ebay for the engine and have not been able to come up with one. on the VF & XL the parts off of it I was planing on posting them on Ebay so it sounds like my plans were a good idea. I have checked all the bike salvage yards and they either dont have an XR600 engine or they had sold it a few months B4 i came in. I'm willing to pay for shiping from the lower 48 are thare any other suggestions to where I might be able to come up with an engine. I'm looking for one that is not running or for one that is. thank you for your help :ride:

Engines do go on ebay. If there is not one now, keep checking every few days.

Use these searches

(XR60*,XR 60*) engine

(XR60*,XR 60*) motor

There are some partial engines there now. A complete engine shows up every month or two.

how much work would it take to retro a duel carb in to a single carb frame? i will check on the '89.

how much work would it take to retro a duel carb in to a single carb frame? i will check on the '89.

Alot of work on that swap, I would think from the throtle to the airbox, even with the parts would "ALL" those holes line up?

Look for used bike as well. Rather then just the motor, you might find a good deal on a part out bike to put on Ebay yourself to pay for it all. :applause:

Good luck, and I hope it all works out for you.

Don't do it. The dual carb setups had a lot of problems. Mainly just a hassle to get setup correctly.

ok info noted for the duel carb thank you :D, defiantly not going to try to retro a duel in, and I can see where the holes may not line up. on a '96 XR600R were there two throttle cables? The XR I have has a duel cable set up on it. This is my first bike I'm still use to working on quads that have one throttle cable. From what I can see it is a push pull set up so there would not be a need for a reutrn spring, is my thinking correct on this? :applause:

yes there are 2 there call push/pull throttel cables but for only 1 carb

ok info noted for the duel carb thank you :D, defiantly not going to try to retro a duel in, and I can see where the holes may not line up. on a '96 XR600R were there two throttle cables? The XR I have has a duel cable set up on it. This is my first bike I'm still use to working on quads that have one throttle cable. From what I can see it is a push pull set up so there would not be a need for a reutrn spring, is my thinking correct on this? :applause:

AS said before, there are 2. There is still a spring. The conjecture is that it is a lawyer thing. The other cable is there to force the carb to close.

ok I can see how it would work. I was looking at the repair manuel earlyer and relized how it would work. thank you for your time and input. :applause: