Header Wrap / Tape

I was just wondering is there much to be gained adding header wrap?

I was just wondering is there much to be gained adding header wrap?

Yes when you take a picture of your bike the header will stand out in the photo better. Hope this helps

In terms of HP not much if anything, but in terms of cooling it's much better. I think header wrap was intentionally designed for enclosed areas like engine bay's where the wrap would help to decrease the overall temperature. For your bike however, it prevents burning a hole in your pants everytime you ride. It's easy and cheap to do, so I did it to mine.

OK Many Thanks Blome I was thinking along the same lines

In terms of HP not much if anything, but in terms of cooling it's much better. I think header wrap was intentionally designed for enclosed areas like engine bay's where the wrap would help to decrease the overall temperature. For your bike however, it prevents burning a hole in your pants everytime you ride. It's easy and cheap to do, so I did it to mine.

Ditto what Blome said. My leg is noticably cooler since i did mine. It is also noticably cooler sitting on the bike in traffic. I did several mods at once (minor rejet, header wrap, front fender mod) and my overall temp dropped quite a bit, but i cant say which one of those had the greatest effect on it's own.

One word of advice. WEAR GLOVES. the fiberglass in the wrap, coupled with wet soft skin on the hands from moistening the wrap as per installation instructions can make for a few extremely itchy days.

It works great to keep the heat off your leg.

Mine also worked great to help the big tube header rust to the point that it crumbled like a potato chip in just 6 months.

If you ride in the South Florida rain alot like I do during the rainy/hurricane season, ya might want to pass on it. :ride:

It works great to keep the heat off your leg.

Mine also worked great to help the big tube header rust to the point that it crumbled like a potato chip in just 6 months.

If you ride in the South Florida rain alot like I do during the rainy/hurricane season, ya might want to pass on it. :ride:

Yipes!

I didnt consider that.

I Did Mine, Helps. I Sprayed The Header With High Temp. Paint First, Then The Wrap Itself To Try And Seal Some What. Seems Fine