Down and OUT for the Next 6 Weeks

GA466OWNER,MXTUNER,RSK,LANE,CLINT,ROB:I did something very stupid yesterday afternoon and it cost me a Torn Right Calf Muscle,Pulled knee ligiments, and a Torn Shin Muscle. So for the next six weeks I'm going to be riding the couch.

Bobby talked me into going to the new track in Luthersville Ga. This has got to be the most technical outdoor track I've ever seen. The doubles are as big as my house! You never get time to catch your breath on this thing as you go from Jumop to Jump and then from a corner (Right after a jump) into another jump. Numerous Rythm sections and whoops. Definitly NOT a beginner or even an intermediate track. I had only done about 10 laps when I tried to kill myself. I was about 3/4 through the track and was hitting the 4th double back to back when I guess I came off the power and CASED the last jump. I felt a Big POP when I hit (It felt like my ankle was driven into my knee) anyway I kept rolling (No Crash Involved) and about 10 seconds later my leg felt like it was going to fall off. So back to the truck and on to the ER. They thought I was crazy going into the ER in my underwear....(I was not going to let them cut a $150.00 pair of pants off), anyway 3 days of bed rest and back to the doctor on Wed.

I guess it's going to be a good time to get some things done around the house.....You guy's be careful.

Bonzai ?

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:<HR>Originally posted by YAMAKAZE:

GA466OWNER,MXTUNER,RSK,LANE,CLINT,ROB:I did something very stupid yesterday afternoon and it cost me a Torn Right Calf Muscle,Pulled knee ligiments, and a Torn Shin Muscle. So for the next six weeks I'm going to be riding the couch.

Bobby talked me into going to the new track in Luthersville Ga. This has got to be the most technical outdoor track I've ever seen. The doubles are as big as my house! You never get time to catch your breath on this thing as you go from Jumop to Jump and then from a corner (Right after a jump) into another jump. Numerous Rythm sections and whoops. Definitly NOT a beginner or even an intermediate track. I had only done about 10 laps when I tried to kill myself. I was about 3/4 through the track and was hitting the 4th double back to back when I guess I came off the power and CASED the last jump. I felt a Big POP when I hit (It felt like my ankle was driven into my knee) anyway I kept rolling (No Crash Involved) and about 10 seconds later my leg felt like it was going to fall off. So back to the truck and on to the ER. They thought I was crazy going into the ER in my underwear....(I was not going to let them cut a $150.00 pair of pants off), anyway 3 days of bed rest and back to the doctor on Wed.

I guess it's going to be a good time to get some things done around the house.....You guy's be careful.

Bonzai :D

Man, you sound like me! :D The doctor would need cut off my leg below my knee and I'd say, "Doc, I know you need to take the leg, but please don't cut my Alpinestars!" You crack me up! :D I do hope you get better soon. Even if you can't ride, there is always TT! ?

Bryan

The nicest thing about an injury (injuries!!) is when they quit hurting!!! This is just a minor setback for you. You'll be back up and riding before you know it.

Tell your friends that you and Jeremy were dicing when he stuffed you in the turn after a 120' triple. Yeah it hurt, but you got back on your bike and finished the race.

Be careful with the torn calf. I tore my left playing basketball in high school - I couldn't push the clutch pedal on my little Toyota station wagon. After 6 weeks of R&R I tore the right one the first day back to b-ball practice. I have to make sure & strecth my calves very well before any sports to prevent this from happening again...

Brian

Bill,

Sorry to here of your troubles, Hope you feel better. I just rolled back into town and trying to get back on track this jetlag sucks I'm still running on Italian time which is 6 hours ahead, at least I'm getting to work before all the traffic ?

Not sure when I will get back out on my bike I'm going to go sit in a tree this weekend and then work is starting to get real crazy so it could be a while, maybe when you are feeling better give me a call and I will be able to go.

I guess you can change your name to "Couchakaze" for a while :D

Good Luck on the rehab!

Steve

oh man! that sucks! that's the exact reason i am such a chicken when it comes to doubles bigger than 30'. lol. get better soon. make sure and go out and talk to your bike and tell it you love it every night or it might start feeling neglected from not being used and run away from home...lol

i got my first trophy sunday... 3rd in 250c on the mx track...on a rm, but still a trophy...it was a mudbog, and to make my tale relivant, i pulled the muscle in my right forearm (on top) and right inside of my right shoulderblade...

a little sore, but no reason to complain compared to your story.

hey, get better soon. check in at the chat @ motocross.com . i am there a lot. or fill us in on your progress here on ol reliable TT.

later dude.

lance

p.s. (TO ALL OTHERS THAN YAMAKAZEE READING THIS) if he doesn't make it thru this, i got dibs on his bike!!! ?

lol...j/k

Banzai :D

(^not stealing catchphrase , just in respect)