ElectroSport Speedometer

I am looking for a electronic speedometer and have not heard anything good about the TrailSport, has anyone used the ElectroSport Speedometer yet? and is it any good?

I just installed the 3200 model of the speedo (made by Acewell, sold by ElectroSport and others).

acewell.jpg

So far I am really happy with it. It has tons of features, is easy to read (even at night) and seems very well made. Installation takes some time but is not difficult at all. I went with the magnetic speedo sensor version (atv) since I am not running a speedo cable. Eventually I will relocate the magnetic pick-up location to the rear wheel so I can more easily hide the wiring, but that is just me being anal :applause:

If you have any specific questions, just let me know.

Dave

i got some questions does yours have the fuel gague and oil temp monitor if so how do you hook those things up

i got some questions does yours have the fuel gague and oil temp monitor if so how do you hook those things up

I did not get the model with the fuel gauge, since the bike does not have a fuel sender. I am sure there would be a way to make one work in the tank, though it would likely be lots of work. I use the odometer to gauge fuel useage, which works quite well.

This model did come with a temp sender, though I have not hooked that up. It is certainly possible to attach it to a part of the engine or inline with one of the external oil passages, though any of these will take some fabrication. I already have the dipstick thermometer for oil temp, so maybe I'll install the new thermometer in the airbox to get intake air temp.

Dave

hmmm well i thought it would be cool to hook all that stuff up even if i have to fabricate or not (sorry to thread jack)

hmmm well i thought it would be cool to hook all that stuff up even if i have to fabricate or not (sorry to thread jack)

Anything is possible if you have the time and patience. The cool thing about these computers is that you can order them with just about any combination of features, lights, etc. I was mainly interested in a speedo, odo and tach, so I got one of the simplest versions of this model.

Dave

well sensei says i can have the world if im patient enough to wait for it, so yeah i dont really care how long it takes as long as i get the results i want