HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
phatcat99

Directions to White Rock ORV Arkansas

5 posts in this topic

Anyone out there know how to get to White Rock ORV in Arkansas? I hear it's in the back woods (Deliverance style) and I really don't want to squeel like a pig :ride: I'd be coming in off of I-40. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Are you talking about White Rock Mountain in NW Arkansas? It is between Fayetteville and Fort Smith off of Hwy 540.??????????

If so I have ridden up there before. I stay at the Moccasin Gap camp ground and ride from that trail head. It is on Highway 7 north of I-40. From there you can get to several other riding areas. I think there are three multi use trails in that area, Moccasin Gap,Huckleberry Mountain Horse trail and Mill Creek Trail.

I am not aware of a White Rock Mountain Trail area

I think you're talking about the same area. I've since found out it also goes by Mill Creek ORV.

This may help http://www.fs.fed.us/oonf/ozark/recreation/ohv.html

There is some nice riding up there!

From Fayetteville, take Arkansas 16 east to Combs, turn south on Forest Service Road (FS Road) 1007 for 4 miles, turn left on FS Road 1509 1/2 mile to the trailhead. From Ozark, take Arkansas 23 north to Cass, turn left (west) on FS Road 1520 for 8 miles to FS Road 1509, then north 4 miles to trailhead

Call the Ranger District for questions they are great and can give you good maps;

Boston Mountain RD

P.O. Box 76

Hwy 23 North

Ozark, AR 72949

Phone: (479) 667-2191