What Oil with the Rekluse??

What oil are you all using with your Rekluse? I just recently acquired a gently used '05 450 with the rekluse. I know they can be a bit finicky and I am curious what everyone is using. I use Mobile 1 redcap in my 250(no rekluse) but was told this would not be a good idea with the autoclutch. The rekluse guy said to stick with Dyno oil. Anybody using semisynthetic or full synthetic?

:ride:

I just posted a couple of days ago with a problem with my Rekluse. I basically burned up the clutch fibers in 12 to 18 hours (6 rides with to oil changes). Do a search, you'll find my thread.

I ran Maxima 10w-40 motorcycle oil. I'm not sure if it's the only culprit, but others in ThumperTalk suggest Shell Rottela T. I'll be using that next.

Use what Rekluse recommends, i.e. petroleum based diesel 15/40.

Use Shell Rotella 15W40.

When I installed my Rekluse a couple of months ago, I talked with the Rekluse guys about running Amsoil full synthetic, as that's what I've been doing since the bike was broken in. The guys I spoke with said they recommended the Rotella, but they've also seen the Amsoil work just as well on a CRF250F since there are no friction modifiers in that particular motorcycle oil. Armed with that info, I've been running the Amsoil with no ill effects, slippage or adverse wear...SC

I use Rotella 5w40 and it seems to work well :ride:

Rotella. Works perfect for me. :ride:

Where do you buy Rotella here in California? I've tried Wally World, Shell station, and Kragen. None of the MC mail orders seem to carry it either. :ride:

Any place that caters to big rigs (truck stops) or heavy equipment will have it.

Where do you buy Rotella here in California? I've tried Wally World, Shell station, and Kragen. None of the MC mail orders seem to carry it either. :ride:

That's odd....the wally world by me carries 5w40 in both gallons and quarts :banana:

Every wally world I've been to carries rotella. Apparantly costco carries rotella occasionally. Kragens caries the 15w-40 dino but they do not have the synth

So fair enough to say that the Torco T4R SAE10W-40 that the dealer recommended I buy is not the best idea? I have a 250 mile desert ride coming up and I am not interested in burning out the clutch half-way. Maybe I should get some Rotella. Clarify-----is it the 5W or the 15W that I want?

Thanks

Clarify-----is it the 5W or the 15W that I want? Thanks

The 5w is a synthetic and the 15w is conventional. If you change the oil frequently like you should then the 15w-40 should be sufficient :applause:

That's odd....the wally world by me carries 5w40 in both gallons and quarts :applause:

Found the Rotella oil at a second Wally World in my area.