which exhaust for a yz450???

I realize everyone has probably beat this topic to death, but i will ask the question again. I have a 03 YZ450 with stock exhaust. I am considering either the yoshimura, jardine or GYT-R exhaust. I am looking for an exhaust that would be louder and of course give the bike better power. Just wondering what you guys thought, any input is appreciated.

I realize everyone has probably beat this topic to death, but i will ask the question again. I have a 03 YZ450 with stock exhaust. I am considering either the yoshimura, jardine or GYT-R exhaust. I am looking for an exhaust that would be louder and of course give the bike better power. Just wondering what you guys thought, any input is appreciated.

I hope you're kidding about a louder pipe! The loud, aftermarket pipes that are over 98db's (95db's shortly!) should be banned. If this keeps up, we won't have many places to ride anymore.

I would bet that less than 5% of the members (& lurkers) on TT can use the stock power of any of the 450's to its full potential. There are many options for low end, mid range & top end. PC/FMF/BigGun etc etc all produce pipes and slip ons that are quieter and improve power. Check back issues of Dirt Rider. I believe they have done some YZF450 pipe shootouts in the past.

I use the full FMF Ti4 with a Power Bomb header (full 17" can and 1 3/4" outlet). The system works lots better than stock in terms of the power curve, and is very little if any louder than stock.

I have run the stock, a Dr.D and now an FMF Factory 4.1 carbon. I really think the Dr. D works the best. Plus it has a quiet core, and SA and the full system is around 400 bucks. :ride:

White Bros for me...I just replaced a WB Alum Pro Titanium that is in near perfect condition with new packing for a new WB Alum Pro2 - pm me if you are interested

i am not sure how to "pm" (sorry, new) but i am interested in the exhaust. How Much?? Full System?? Any Pics?? thanks

i am not sure how to "pm" (sorry, new) but i am interested in the exhaust. How Much?? Full System?? Any Pics?? thanks

Click the sellers name above and it brings a menu up. Click send private message. That may go to his email too, which is much easier to contact him. Good luck on your purchase.