Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
cleonard

Installing a new seat cover on my XR600

5 posts in this topic

What's the general method? Which end to start on, etc. I have yet to put a staple in, but it doesn't seem to want to get tight to the foam where the seat bends upwards at the tank. The foam has come loose from the plastic seat. Should I re-glue it before installing the cover? Am I in for a major wrestling match?

What's the general method? Which end to start on, etc. I have yet to put a staple in, but it doesn't seem to want to get tight to the foam where the seat bends upwards at the tank. The foam has come loose from the plastic seat. Should I re-glue it before installing the cover? Am I in for a major wrestling match?
I tried to do my own. :busted:

Then I had a friend come over and try to help. :smirk:

Then I paid a seat guy 20 bucks and he put in on, by himself in about 8 minutes. :banana:

I would have paid 40 bucks just to not to have to mess with it. :ride:

I brought my first XR600 seat to a local upholstery shop (specializing in cars, boats, etc), and they did the whole thing for $30.00, including the material. I thought they were kidding when they gave me the bill...I hope they still have the same deal going now.

I brought my first XR600 seat to a local upholstery shop (specializing in cars, boats, etc), and they did the whole thing for $30.00, including the material. I thought they were kidding when they gave me the bill...I hope they still have the same deal going now.

I've done the same thing on numerous seats, price varies somewhat with the seat, always better than enduring the monkey/football deal with an aftermarket cover.