Wr450f win 2006 enduro shootout

Good article, thanks for passing along. Can't help but wonder how the KTM got Bike of the Year per Dirt Rider Mag....I would have thought it would have done better or even won over the WR in the Enduro shootout.

Thanks 4 sharing, we all like to see that kinda stuff 4sure.

Great article, thank's for sharing!!

Curious note, the guy that tested the WR450 (Darin Hecker) is racing the Baja 500 on a XR650R, ha, oh well, free sponsored ride!!! :ride:

Great article, thank's for sharing!!

Curious note, the guy that tested the WR450 (Darin Hecker) is racing the Baja 500 on a XR650R, ha, oh well, free sponsored ride!!! :ride:

Consider the type of riding between Oregon and Baja. I would never race a WR in Baja and I would probably never ride a 650R on Oregon trails.

Sponsor or not the 650R is THE Baja bike!

Edit Note!!!!!!!

I say I would never race a WR in Baja, well let me rephrase. If I had a choice between the WR and the XRr for Baja it would be the XRr. As far as the 650R on trails. Done it before but won't again. The WR is my choice for Enduros in Texas woods

please elaborate on your reasoning< i have drove both bikes as well, the xr can definately hit a higher top speed and sustain it, and has a little more torque then the wr, but i find i'ts not quite as comfortable overall as it's wider and heavier and with a lesser suspension.

The XR650R is definitely a desert bike. I think that bike is good in BAJA and is a good dual sport too, but that is all it can do. The WR can do all these things and more. Tight trails to wide open desert to dual sport. I don't mean to say the XR is a pile or anything. What it does, it does well. It is just not as versatile as the WR450.

please elaborate on your reasoning< i have drove both bikes as well, the xr can definately hit a higher top speed and sustain it, and has a little more torque then the wr, but i find i'ts not quite as comfortable overall as it's wider and heavier and with a lesser suspension.

I would say that the 650R has alot more torque and I agree that the top speed is greater. I don't agree that the WR is more comfortable. I think the 650R is more comfortable after the suspension has been reworked. I would ride neither with the factory suspension for woods or desert but that is because I am above average size. I have ridden both bikes in both enviornments and I agree that the WR would work in desert because mine does but the 650R in my opinion does not work in the woods. The 650R has incredible low end torque and can also keep the top end.To me the 650R opened up at 100+ for over an hour is no problem but to get the WR to do that you will loose all low end.

Just my opinion

The 650R has incredible low end torque and can also keep the top end.To me the 650R opened up at 100+ for over an hour is no problem but to get the WR to do that you will loose all low end. Just my opinion
I've had both machines and you are quite correct. But they're different classes of bike. There's no replacement for displacement when it comes to gobbling up open spaces with speed and reliability. I'll take the 450 for all round riding though....as I don't ride much desert anymore! :ride:

true, i guess the crf450x is similar to our wr450's right? but where ours are competition bikes i though they would be similar in performance......

I would never race a WR in Baja

It would be my 1st choice.

Consider the type of riding between Oregon and Baja. I would never race a WR in Baja and I would probably never ride a 650R on Oregon trails.

Sponsor or not the 650R is THE Baja bike!

Edit Note!!!!!!!

I say I would never race a WR in Baja, well let me rephrase. If I had a choice between the WR and the XRr for Baja it would be the XRr. As far as the 650R on trails. Done it before but won't again. The WR is my choice for Enduros in Texas woods

Well, i live in baja and you would be surprised on how good the WR handles in this terrain, im not bashing the XR, i own one as well, a WR with desert gearing and a stabilizer handles very similar at speeds like the XR and love it on the techincal stuff...

Why are we even talking about the XR650? It didn't even make the shootout. Desert bike, yes...woods bike no...