Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ARin

ORDERED an Acerbies 6.6

74 posts in this topic

From the TT store, and i am going to test fit it on my 2004 wr450f, even though it is advertised to only fit the 05-06...

I have heard it WILL fit the 03-04 wr450f from another forum member, but he has not been able to produce pictures.

I will be posting pictures also, lots of them, so if you are interested in seeing it, make sure you check this thread.

I will try to answer this question ONCE and for all, with PICTURES!

wow you plan on riding awfully far huh? 6.6 gal I would rather stop and get gas......I don't mean to bag........

wow you plan on riding awfully far huh? 6.6 gal I would rather stop and get gas......I don't mean to bag........

my riding group and I have done MULTIPLE 100+ mile rides, and as a rule, we normally dont ride in areas that are littered with gas stations. A month or so back, 10 of us were constantly shuffling gas around between our bikes during a Moab ride. No more carrying gas in gatorade bottles...im done with it.

And there is no harm is having the capacity for 6 gallons, i dont need to fill it to the top for every ride.

There's nothing that can help your bike's nimbleness than adding 50 pounds as high up as possible. Take it easy in the turns the first 60 miles man! :ride:

i been thinkin of buying one of these

Old%20_%20New%20_Anim.gif

maybe worth looking into if u want more o_O

There's nothing that can help your bike's nimbleness than adding 50 pounds as high up as possible. Take it easy in the turns the first 60 miles man! :ride:

it beats stuffing THREE gatorade bottles full of fuel into my camelback!!!!

and like i said prior, i do NOT intend to fill it all the way for short rides...

Only when i REALLY need it.

And there is a good posibility that i will just use my standard tank for the run-of-the-mill rides...and only use the biggun' on special occassions when we will be riding FAR!

Hi ARin. Glad to hear that you are getting the 6.6 tank for your 2004 wr I am still trying to get one to Australia From the usa . Here in Australia the lowest quote was $695.00 plus freight. I must be a Dumbo I searched tt store a few times can't find the 6.6 tank ? IT will be great if you post some pics of the tank on the bike And letting us know how it fits on the 04 model. Looking forward to them Cheers.

Hi ARin. Glad to hear that you are getting the 6.6 tank for your 2004 wr I am still trying to get one to Australia From the usa . Here in Australia the lowest quote was $695.00 plus freight. I must be a Dumbo I searched tt store a few times can't find the 6.6 tank ? IT will be great if you post some pics of the tank on the bike And letting us know how it fits on the 04 model. Looking forward to them Cheers.

pops, call the TT store and tell them that acerbis part #, see what they quote you to ship to oz.

i ordered mine from the TT store, they said to expect it friday...

and YES, i WILL post pics.

my riding group and I have done MULTIPLE 100+ mile rides, and as a rule, we normally dont ride in areas that are littered with gas stations. A month or so back, 10 of us were constantly shuffling gas around between our bikes during a Moab ride. No more carrying gas in gatorade bottles...im done with it.

And there is no harm is having the capacity for 6 gallons, i dont need to fill it to the top for every ride.

I would take the tank and divide it into 2 compartments, a 5 gallon gas and a 1 gallon beer. Get a cooling coil and stick into the beer compartment and off you go. and if your camel back runs out of water you can use the 2nd petcock to switch it over to the beer. (when you are done riding for the day)

call it the WR Gas/beer tank :ride::banana:

I would take the tank and divide it into 2 compartments, a 5 gallon gas and a 1 gallon beer. Get a cooling coil and stick into the beer compartment and off you go. and if your camel back runs out of water you can use the 2nd petcock to switch it over to the beer. (when you are done riding for the day)

call it the WR Gas/beer tank :smirk::lol:

:ride::banana::busted:

you have got a point there just too much weight even for long rides for me :ride:

How about here?

http://www.acerbis.com/p997_yamaha/replica_yamaha.html

Plug in "Fuel Tank" then "Find" and you'll see a list.

Please do tell about your impressions when you get it installed. I am considering this upgrade myself for my 06'. You can get lost REALLY far out in the desert with that bad boy. :ride:

so i guess nobody has a picture of one of these yet.

John in Vegas

no, no one has a picture...thats why i ordered one...i was tired of waiting for a damn picture.

6.6 gallons of gas...GPS...sat phone...ARin's avatar.

Man, a guy could do some crazy exploring, and live to talk about it :ride: