HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
thealexdexter

What do you call this?

10 posts in this topic

I'm looking for bent steel tubing(or aluminum channel) that the front wheel goes into for a flat bed(or really low wall) trailer. I don't seem to be calling the right thing when I'm searching for them.

Tie down cleat

motorcycle rail

Anyone know what to call it or where to buy some?

These will be the chock of choice for my next trailer-

Recessed wheel chock

Hmmm....that doesn't look like it has a whole lot of support for a big bike...notice the picture has what looks to be a scooter front tire in it. I would do a little research on that one before I spend the $103 for it. For a 21" front tire, it would look like the tire would contact the front support way up high (compared to the scooter tire) and would therefore create more of a strain on the aluminum where it's hinged to the floor mount. I would think a rear support arm opposite the tire would be necessary to trust it.

Hmmm....that doesn't look like it has a whole lot of support for a big bike...notice the picture has what looks to be a scooter front tire in it. I would do a little research on that one before I spend the $103 for it. For a 21" front tire, it would look like the tire would contact the front support way up high (compared to the scooter tire) and would therefore create more of a strain on the aluminum where it's hinged to the floor mount. I would think a rear support arm opposite the tire would be necessary to trust it.

Yah, I noticed that they did have a scooter pictured with the flip up chock. As far as support, I wouldn't have a problem using one of those. I think they would work fine for the application they were designed for. Mounted in a trailer, with the front tire snugged up-by using a tie down's . I would also secure the back of the bike somehow, to keep it from moving around.

Blingstar makes one as well-

Blingstar chock

Interesting thread about tiedowns

I have a toy hauler and use pop chocks for both front and rear tires. Remove when you're at your destination and viola more floor space. They are also less expensive than those recessed ones.

I have a toy hauler and use pop chocks for both front and rear tires. Remove when you're at your destination and viola more floor space. They are also less expensive than those recessed ones.

How bout some pic's of your setup?