HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
sxrstuart

WR 450F new 2005

4 posts in this topic

i am just about to buy a new 2005 WR 450F with full road kit, i am going to use the bike on & off road.

How often should i change the oil & filter if i am riding on the road?

any other help would be great!

thanks

stuart

Road use will be harder on the engine since you'll likely run longer as sustained higher RPMS.

I ride trails only and change every 100 mi. I thinks it's a bit more than necessary but I'd do at least that at first and watch the oil for particles.

These things don't hold much oil. It'd be nice if someone made a external add on tank.

i ride my motarded wr as a daily commuter

i change my oil whenever it starts to go dark brown

which is anywhere between 400 - 600 km/filter every 2nd (mostly a week or shorter)

average speed is 65kmh with alot of 80kmh freeway time (im geared so i lug in 5th @ 60kmh)

all good so far with 5000+ km

running motul 10/40 synth

1 day at the track or in the bush my oil is toasted pretty darn fast

i really dont see how road use is harder on engine, on the other hand the long wheelies cant be good :ride:

Snap Ive had my '05 Wr450f 2 weeks now, it to had road kit. I have only done 37 miles so far as I had to wait for exhaust can, jettting kit etc.