My rebound screws are blocked by the bars!!!!

I just picked up a 03 YZ450, it has the GTYR top clamp and Tag bars and the bars are about a 1/4" from the screws. The clamps are in the forward position so moving the bars back isn't an option, anything I'm missing here?? thanks.

I don't think that would gain much, the bars are directly over the screws. Plus, I don't want to change the front end handling. It just seems like a poor design since these are items that are frequently used.

The quickest way to get access to them is to use a 10" or so extension and a U-joint/socket to pull the bar mount bolts out from under the bar clamps. By doing this, you also avoid having to re-position the bars when you re-install the mounts back to the clamp.

The reason it's like that is that the bar mounts are in the forward one of two sets of holes. You can, if it suits you better, move them back, and the bars would then not hide the screws. The bar mounts on that clamp have offset mounting bolt holes, and can be reversed to give two bar positions for either set of holes in the top clamp, for a total of 4.

You may be able to loosen the clamps and twist the top fork tube in the clamp to gain access to the adjuster and tighten the clamp again. It doesn't matter if the top of the fork tube is straight.

Like he said,loosen all pinch bolts,and rotate the fork tube until you can access the clickers.

Sorry,I caught myself.The clickers are in the center of the fork cap aren't they?If so,this won't help at all.I'd just remove the bars if it was me.Use a marker and mark where the bars are positioned in the clamp before disassembly and tear it up.