99 Yz400 Question

How much does a 99 yz400 weigh im think about buying for 1500, and worried about the weight. Also he said "It runs but it is making a poping noise like the carb settings are wrong or possiblily a head gasket. I am not sure what is causing the noise. It will fire up and you can ride it but like I said when you get on the throttle it will pop." What could this be? Thanks Mike

usually the popping is on decel, not when you get on the throttle. Maybe someone has the answer to that.

As far as weight, it's no feather. Using a bathroom scale (may or may not be accurate) I weighed mine @ 265 w/ a full tank.:ride: It's also pretty top heavy, especially compared to the new bikes. If the bike is in good condition, 1500 is a great deal. These bikes are a lot of fun.

BTW, are you gonna do MX or offroad?

Im gunna be offroading, maybe 1-2 times mx but i really like jumping

Anyone??

How much does a 99 yz400 weigh im think about buying for 1500, and worried about the weight. Also he said "It runs but it is making a poping noise like the carb settings are wrong or possiblily a head gasket. I am not sure what is causing the noise. It will fire up and you can ride it but like I said when you get on the throttle it will pop." What could this be? Thanks Mike

It most likely just needs a good carb cleaning.... these bikes are tanks get it for $1500 that's a really good price!

BTW it is imperative that the first thing you buy is an owners manual. :ride:

Ok thanks. Do you know how much they weigh?

It's probably not so much exactly how much is weighs but more so how it feels. That yz400 will feel quite a bit heavier than say a yz250 2-stroke, but the power band is a lot more comfortable and as far as jumping, be careful if you've never jumped a 4-stroke big bike as the throttle control becomes pretty important on the face of jumps, I've got a 98 yz400 and it is a blast.

So the popping sounds like a jetting prob right, not a head gasket b/c i dont wanna deal with having to put a new head gasket on

So the popping sounds like a jetting prob right, not a head gasket b/c i dont wanna deal with having to put a new head gasket on

As far as I know popping could either be caused by an exhaust leak or carb issues (jetting, dirty pilot, etc.) As far as the weight goes, it did take me a little bit to get used to, but no it feels natural. The bike is great :banana::ride: